Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oku Hidu snow sculpture 2013/1/17 22:54
To view above I was advised to get off at every stop from Takayama station. I have time only to go up to Hirayu Onsen. Can someone advise whether I should buy
A) a return ticket to Hirayu Onsen ie 2x1530 = 3060 yen and can only stop at one place or
B) Buy a 2 day pass at 4000 yen (can stop anywhere)
It is such a waste to buy a 2 day pass and use it for half a day.A return ticket will save me 940 yen for 4 of us = 3760 yen. But without a pass I can't stop at every stop to see the sculpture. Is it really worth it to stop at every stop?Pls advise , Thank you
by Mee Ying  

Re: Oku Hidu snow sculpture 2013/1/18 08:22
How many stops are we looking at? I quickly tried to look up information about the event. It seemed to me that most of the structures are beyond Hirayu. Where do you get your information from?
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Oku Hidu snow sculpture 2013/1/18 08:37

Hi Uji

http://www.japantravelinfo.com/partners/features_item.php?featuresid=2...

Oku Hida Hot Springs Village Snow Sculpture Contest
Various snow sculptures are on display. At night, the sculptures are illuminated.
Date: February 5th through the 14th
Light up: Sundown to 9:00pm
Access: Take the Shinhotaka bound Nohi bus from JR Takayama Station and get off at every stop

Thanks again
by Mee Ying rate this post as useful

reply to this thread