Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Marine Liner + JR Pass 2013/1/20 21:25
I noticed there are so called liner trains where the JR Rail Pass is not useable. From Okayama to Takamatsu there is this JR Marine Liner. I am not sure if this is considered a "liner" or not. I know most liners are bound for suburbs mostly. Is there any list or so for liner trains where the JR Pass is not useable?
by Sweguy (guest)  

Re: JR Marine Liner + JR Pass 2013/1/20 21:57
Although the "Marine Liner" has "Liner" in its name, it is a regular rapid train and not one of those suburban "liner" trains. In other words: yes, you can use it with the Japan Rail Pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR Marine Liner + JR Pass 2013/1/21 00:12
I noticed there are so called liner trains where the JR Rail Pass is not useable.

A Japan Rail Pass is useable on JR liners, but if the liner requires a charge, you need to pay for it.
JR Marine Liner does not require a charge, so you can use your Japan Rail Pass.

Some JR urban liners are offered so that commuters can have seats, and requiring a charge at 500 yen or so per ride.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: JR Marine Liner + JR Pass 2013/1/21 05:15
I've ridden that train on a JR pass more than once while staying in Okayama. Its a lovely trip across the Seto Ohashi bridge. Ritsurin Koen is fantastic http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5401.html Just make sure you get on the right bus. First time I didnt & ended up at a Mall. Did some good shopping though :)
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread