Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawagoe Float Festival 2013 2013/1/21 10:53
hi, I just want to make sure that Kawagoe Float Festival this year suppose to be held on 18-19 Oct? Which day will be the main event, the first or second? Many thanks!
by hydeusrey  

Re: Kawagoe Float Festival 2013 2013/1/21 12:21
hydeusrey,

Typing "Kawagoe festival October 2013" into Google turns up the official Kawagoe Festival website, which says that this year's festival is scheduled for the weekend of 19/20 October.

http://www.kawagoematsuri.jp/English/index.html
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawagoe Float Festival 2013 2013/1/21 13:10
Many thanks Dave! I think I got the date wrong between 18 and 19.

Btw, do u know if 'Hikkawase' is on the first or second day?
http://www.kawagoematsuri.jp/English/about.html

Many thanks again!
by hydeusrey rate this post as useful

Re: Kawagoe Float Festival 2013 2013/1/21 13:51
Sorry, I'm not sure whether it is on just one or both days, and it's not clear from the website either.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawagoe Float Festival 2013 2013/1/21 16:13
It looks like the second day (Sunday) has more climax with a parade of 18(?) dashi down the streets from the city hall at 2pm and a night session (6:30-9:00pm) of competitions among those dasi dancing and playing instruments to beat the others when they meet on the street.

I have been there a few times... You will see a big crowd bamping you up and off. Yet, it should be very exciting. Enjoy.
by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawagoe Float Festival 2013 2013/1/21 17:14
Thanks Dave and Jay!

I'll arrive very early on Saturday morning, so if I'm lucky I might be able to find some info around there beforehand.
by hydeusrey rate this post as useful

reply to this thread