Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku to Hakone 2013/1/21 12:00
If i take the expressway bus to Hakone, will i miss out alot of good view as if i take the train to Hakone?

Thanks.
by Alex (guest)  

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone 2013/1/21 12:12
No, the scenery along the Odakyu Railway between Shinjuku and Hakone is not particularly outstanding (the scenery starts to be really interesting only after reaching Hakone-Yumoto station). The views from the bus are often blocked by expressway walls, but some sections have views of the landscape that are comparable to those enjoyed from the train.

So, scenery wise, you won't miss too much.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone 2013/1/21 12:51
Thanks.

However the expressway bus will reach at Senkyoro-mae Bus Stop which is within 1 minute walking distance to the guest house I will be staying. So my question is where can I buy the Hakone free pass since I am not anywhere near the station.

My travel plan is actually from Shinjuku to Hakone then few days later from Hakone to Haneda Airport. What is the most convenient way of transport I should go together with the Hakone free pass?

Thanks
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku to Hakone 2013/1/21 12:54
So my question is where can I buy the Hakone free pass since I am not anywhere near the station.

The Hakone Free Pass can be purchased through Odakyu at Shinjuku Station. However, I am not sure whether the pass which does not include the round trip can be purchased at Shinjuku.

My travel plan is actually from Shinjuku to Hakone then few days later from Hakone to Haneda Airport. What is the most convenient way of transport I should go together with the Hakone free pass?

There are direct buses from Hakone to Haneda Airport:
http://www.odakyu-hakonehighway.co.jp/common/pdf/english.pdf
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread