Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus around Arashiyama 2013/1/21 23:03
Hi everyone!

I'll be in Kyoto this November, I was wondering if there are a lot of buses in Arashiyama and Saga? I'll probably be arriving at Hankyu Arashiyama Station (coming from Osaka), from Togetsukyo Bridge are there any buses going to Otagi Nenbutsuji Temple? If so, is this bus valid for the Kansai Thru Pass?

Would really appreciate anyone's help.

Thank you!
by Maya (guest)  

Re: Bus around Arashiyama 2013/1/22 04:14
We read about a bus to Otagi Nenbutsuji from Kyoto but not sure whether it will pass Togetsu-kyo Bridge on its way.

Although it is indeed a long 30-45 min walk (longer with en-route stops) between the 2 sites we found it quite enjoyable. Besides the touristy Tenryu-ji and its bamboo grove, there are other worthwhile sites along the route such as Nison-in, Gio-ji and Adashino Nenbutsu-ji. We also went during autumn foliage season in Nov and maple colour is beautiful in Nison-in. Though smaller than the one in Tenryu-ji, the bamboo grove in Adashino Nenbutsu-ji is quite serene and worth a walk through. The route is also lined with small and photogenic craft shops as well as eating places if you need a break.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus around Arashiyama 2013/1/22 07:39
Not sure about buses, but I'm sure you could take a taxi if you really don't want to walk. But if you are going there to see the fall colors...it is an amazing beautiful walk.
I just wished I had got there a little more early so I could have went on one of the boat rides up the river to enjoy the colors on the water also.
I posted a few pictures from my trip in 2011 tale a look.

http://www.japan-guide.com/m/report_new.html?aID=831
by Daz88 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus around Arashiyama 2013/1/22 08:29
Thanks so much for the prompt respones William and Daz! :)

I thought I'd do the walk from Otagi Temple towards Tenryuji and from there take a bus or tram towards Kinkakuji. But if you say it's a walkable distance anyway, I might do that.

Another question though, would you know how far is Kinkakuji from the nearest tram station? Is it walking distance?
by Maya (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread