Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gassho-zukuri Minkaen 2013/1/22 14:28
Hello

I see here on Japan-Guide, it says that Gassho-zukuri Minkaen in Omigachi is closed on Thursdays in March.

I am going to be there on Thursday March 28.

I see on a web brochure from the city of Kanazawa - for trips to Omigachi - they say that Gassho-zukuri Minkaen is closed on Wednesdays from December thru February - but open every day in March.

Is it possible that the day the open air museum is closed has changed this year?

How might I find out/confirm the schedule of the open air museum for Thursday March 28?

The Shirakawa-go website - makes no mention of open times, and it indicates the phone numbers provided will only reach Japanese speakers.

Thanks for any suggestions or information on the specific schedule.

I am hoping that with the increase in tourism, they may be open this final Thursday of March!

Brooks

by BrooksC  

Re: Gassho-zukuri Minkaen 2013/1/22 21:52
The museum is likely to be closed on Thursday, 28 March 2013, which will not be a holiday.
- http://shirakawago-minkaen.jp/guideline/
Around the bottom of this page it is explained in Japanese
that from April through November the museum has no closing days,
and that from December to March the museum is closed on Thursdays
(or, if a Thursday is a holiday, closed on the previous day),
and that during New Year the museum is open from Friday, 28 December through Wednesday, 9 January.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Gassho-zukuri Minkaen 2013/1/27 08:28
Such a disappointment. Thank you so much for your help, but better to know now than to be surprised. We will plan to get our fill of the homes in Takayama.
by BrooksC rate this post as useful

reply to this thread