Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

questions about trains and other stuff 2013/1/22 21:48
Hi,

on booking trains: Is it possible to reserve any train at any station? On the shinkansen page of this site, it says that any shinkansen can be reserved at any station up to a month in advance. But what about the regular trains? The page about regular trains does not mention this.

This is only of interest for me during two days where I expect the limited express trains to be full and I want to book those trains in advance.

Secondly, one question about a train connection from Hyperdia. The train from OTSUKI to SHIMOYOSHIDA (leaving at 10:48 am, April 4th); it says ''order ticket''. I have not seen that before. Do I have to order that in advance? Is it a train that only runs if enough tickets are ordered? I cannot catch the train before and the next would mean a 50 minute wait, that's why I am asking.

Lastly, about the travel reports I uploaded. Is there any interest in those as they are not from Japan?

Thanks for any answers.
by fatgermanbloke  

Re: questions about trains and other stuff 2013/1/23 10:11
The thing is the same for JR LTD. EXP train. You can reserve any JR LTD EXP ticket at any JR station with ticket counter.

The Fujikyu is specially operated for hikers around area, which means all seats on the train are reserved seat. 200yen is considered a seat fee. Probably the seat ticket wont be sold out.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: questions about trains and other stuff 2013/1/23 10:56
Is it possible to reserve any train at any station?
JR trains can be reserved at JR stations etc: private railways at their stations
ie you cannot reserve a Nankai train at a JR station
Your reports from the German Japanese gardens and the history behind them were fascinating: I enjoyed them immensely, and learnt a lot: thank you :-)
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: questions about trains and other stuff 2013/1/23 12:18
I read them - very interesting plus lovely photos - thanks for sharing - who knew such places were in Germany.... :)
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: questions about trains and other stuff 2013/1/24 00:26
Thanks for the answers about the trains.

As for the travel reports, I will upload more once it isn't gray and gloomy outside :D
by fatgermanbloke rate this post as useful

reply to this thread