Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing laptop & camera to Japan? 2013/1/23 11:55
Heading to Japan in September for a couple months. This will be my first time flying! Very nervous yea? I would like to bring my laptop and camera with me, but am afraid to put it in my luggage. Would putting it in carry on be best yea? And should I bring an adapter for them beforehand?
by First Time Flyer (guest)  

Re: Bringing laptop & camera to Japan? 2013/1/23 13:31
I would like to bring my laptop and camera with me, but am afraid to put it in my luggage. Would putting it in carry on be best yea?

Definitely carry those on. It will be a lot safer for your gear and protect them from both mishandling and theft.

And should I bring an adapter for them beforehand?

Depends on where you are from. If you are from the US for example (just a stab in the dark, but are you from Hawaii?) you most likely wouldn't need any adapters.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing laptop & camera to Japan? 2013/1/23 17:05
I'd definitely go with carry on, too. You never know what might happen with your checked baggage.

If you're from America or Canada you'll be fine. Though if your plugs are three pronged, you may want to find an adapter that goes from three to two pronged since the majority of outlets in Japan are just the two prong variety. I know that if you have electronics from the UK you'll need an adapter though.
by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread