Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamakura, Nikko and Fuji with kanto pass 2013/1/24 10:00
Greetings all,

I plan to visit this 3 places with my 3 days Kanto area pass, some questions

1.Is the pass Sufficient?
2.I will be staying at Interconinential Tokyo Bay,which route do I use that Is covered by the pass.
3.Is the mono rail covered in this pass?(Takeshiba)

Thanks all for your time!have a great day.
by Littleponpon (guest)  

Re: Kamakura , Nikko and Fuji with kanto pass 2013/1/24 10:15
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/kantoareapass/

Kamakura is 2 stops from Ofuna in the direction of Kurihama. Your hotel is close to JR Hamamatsucho station, which is much more convenient than monorail station unless you go to Haneda Airport.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kamakura , Nikko and Fuji with kanto pass 2013/1/24 10:19
Correction:

Your hotel is close to JR Hamamatsucho station, which is much more convenient than Takeshiba "Yurikamome new transit system" station unless you go to Odaiba.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kamakura, Nikko and Fuji with kanto pass 2013/1/24 13:33
I:ve never heard of this pass.

I:m not sure about getting to Fuji with it. Shizuoka is not in Kanto by any definition and is covered by JR central. Though I dont know why you would want to go there. Fuji is an ugly, smelly industrial city.
For Mt Fuji you want Fuji-Yoshida and the like. Not sure about getting all the way there with such a pass, the line to mt fuji is a private line not jr.

Though really you shouldnt worry about such a thing. Trains are cheap in Japan. Local ones especially.
by takeda's ghost (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kamakura, Nikko and Fuji with kanto pass 2013/1/24 13:41
1.Is the pass Sufficient?

Access to Kamakura and Nikko is covered. As for Fuji, it depends where around Mount Fuji you plan to go. The only area in the proximity of the mountain that can be reached with the pass is the Fuji Five Lake region via the Fujikyu Railway Line as shown on the map of the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_06.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kamakura, Nikko and Fuji with kanto pass 2013/1/24 15:49
@ takeda's ghost - the Kanto pass was introduced in late 2011.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread