Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What bus to take in Hakone 2013/1/24 21:36
Hi,

My friends and I are going to visit Hakone and we are setting off from Kawaguchiko.

I'll like to ask afew questions regarding what buses to take at Hakone.

I've done some research and wish to seek confirmation from the experts before proceeding with it.

1) Can I take the fujikyu bus from Kawaguchiko station to Gotemba?
2) Is the Hakone ropeway bi-directional?
3) I understand that K line of Hakone Tozan bus line can get me from Hakone-Yumoto to Hakone CheckPoint, can I board the same line on back to Hakone-Yumoto ? (i.e the opposite direction)

Thank you in advance for answering my questions
by David Loh (guest)  

Re: What bus to take in Hakone 2013/1/25 09:45
Can I take the fujikyu bus from Kawaguchiko station to Gotemba?

Yes, why not? But it is not in Hakone and not covered by the Hakone Free Pass.

Is the Hakone ropeway bi-directional?

Yes.

I understand that K line of Hakone Tozan bus line can get me from Hakone-Yumoto to Hakone CheckPoint, can I board the same line on back to Hakone-Yumoto ? (i.e the opposite direction)

No, line K does not go all the way to the checkpoint (Hakone-machi). Line H will be more convenient. Both, line H and K operate bi-directionally.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: What bus to take in Hakone 2013/1/25 09:49
thank you uji san for your clarification.
by David Loh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What bus to take in Hakone 2013/1/25 23:37
Ah Uji san, I realised I forgot to ask a question,

what bus line should I take to reach Togendai from Gotemba? I understand that I can get there via the Odakyu Hakone Bus. But I do not know what bus exactly to take. If I wish to take bus from Togendai Back to Gotemba , do I take the same bus from the opposite direction?

Re: What bus to take in Hakone 2013/1/25 23:43
ahh I found it, its bus line W.

Re: What bus to take in Hakone 2013/1/26 08:37
what bus line should I take to reach Togendai from Gotemba? I understand that I can get there via the Odakyu Hakone Bus.

Yes, that's right

But I do not know what bus exactly to take.

They are clearly marked with as "Odakyu" buses and stop on the Hakone side of Gotemba Station. Difficult to miss. I think the bus stop has bilingual signs. But I am not sure whether the buses display a "W" or not. I have the feeling they may not.

This is how they look:
http://www.odakyu-hakonehighway.co.jp/common/pdf/english.pdf

If I wish to take bus from Togendai Back to Gotemba , do I take the same bus from the opposite direction?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread