Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Free Pass Hakone 2013/1/26 01:23
In April 2013, I will travel from Tokyo to Hakone and Buy Free Pass Hakone tickets two days. Could I get to travel in one day, leaving early to Hakone and go back to Tokyo tonight?
Thank You,
by Gunawan hidajat  

Re: Free Pass Hakone 2013/1/26 08:49
Yes, you don't need to stay two days. But note that if you buy the Hakone Free Pass which includes a round trip between Tokyo and Hakone, you are allowed to do the round trip only once. So, you cannot use the pass to visit Hakone on two consecutive days while staying the night in between in Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Free Pass Hakone 2013/1/26 13:54
Thank you, if I already have a JR Kanto Area Pass, from Tokyo Station to Odawara use package features JR Kanto Area Pass, buy a ticket in Odawara Hakone Pass 2 days 3900 yen when bought in Shinjuku 5000 Yen.

1. May I from Tokyo Station to Odawara commute using the facility JR Kanto Area Pass? (in my opinion, can save 1100 yen if you get out of Odawara).
2. Which cheap traveling to Hakone from Odawara retail purchase tickets or to purchase Hakone Free Pass, when the journey is only 1 day, use of all facilities Hakone area: train, cablecar, ropeway, boat, bus?
3. How long from Hakone-machi to Moto-Hakone use the boat?
4. How long is the bus ride from Moto-Hakone to Hakone-Yumoto?

Thank you.
by Gunawan hidajat rate this post as useful

Re: Free Pass Hakone 2013/1/26 14:20
1. May I from Tokyo Station to Odawara commute using the facility JR Kanto Area Pass?

The JR Kanto Area Pass can be used on the local, rapid and Odoriko limited express trains along the JR Tokaido Main Line to Odawara. But it cannot be used the JR Tokaido Shinkansen.

Which cheap traveling to Hakone from Odawara retail purchase tickets or to purchase Hakone Free Pass, when the journey is only 1 day, use of all facilities Hakone area: train, cablecar, ropeway, boat, bus?

The 2-day Hakone Free Pass for 3900 yen will be the best value.

How long from Hakone-machi to Moto-Hakone use the boat?

See here:
http://www.hakone-kankosen.co.jp/gaikoku.hp/english.pdf

How long is the bus ride from Moto-Hakone to Hakone-Yumoto?

About 35 minutes. On weekend evenings there can be considerable delays due to traffic jams.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread