Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sumida Aquarium or Osaka's Kaiyukan? 2013/1/27 16:19
Hi,

As I will be going to both Tokyo & Osaka, I was wondering which one of the two aquariums is better? Both look appealing to me - but I can only go to one due to my budget.

Please advice.

*I have a thing for jellyfish, so I guess, which one have the best jellies exhibit? lol.

*First time in Japan
by Hani (guest)  

Re: Sumida Aquarium or Osaka's Kaiyukan? 2013/1/27 17:45
If you have choice, I suggest you Kaikukan much larger and with a central basin quite impressive. In addition, there are around attractions such as a Ferris wheel and "market place", a mall fun. Look at the article I wrote about here on my blog ...
http://www.soleilrouge.org/blog/lire-article-240173-1425718-aquarium_d...
Have a nice trip in Japan!
by ww.soleilrouge.org (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumida Aquarium or Osaka's Kaiyukan? 2013/1/28 10:56
Kaiyukan is an overall better aquarium. But Sumida does have a small, but nicely done jellyfish exhibit. The most memorable jellyfish exhibit that I recall was at Enoshima Aquarium. See this page for more info:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2425.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Sumida Aquarium or Osaka's Kaiyukan? 2013/1/28 12:09
Sumida Aquarium is very small, and at Y2000 a bit expensive. If you go to only one, Osaka's is much better. But Enoshima is good if you like jellyfish.
by Umami Dearest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sumida Aquarium or Osaka's Kaiyukan? 2013/1/29 10:19
Merci beaucoup soleilrouge. I especially like the picture of the whale shark 'flying' overhead. Thank you for sharing your personal experience.

Thanks to both Umami Dearest & yllwsmrf... you had me at "most memorable jellyfish exhibit". Not to mention their official website saying that its the "world's best displays of jellyfish". lol. Now, I just have to adjust my itinerary & $$ for Enoshima :D

*love my jellies

by Hani (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread