Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/28 22:16
hi all,

i know that the tickets could be purchased at lawson. can anyone give advise if i could purchase them online?

what's the chance to get the admissions tix for april?

thank you so much in advance. :)

nicholas
by fire brickwall  

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/29 10:18
can anyone give advise if i could purchase them online?

Ghibli:

You can via JTB, but it is a package that is significantly more expensive than just the ticket fee. Instead, you can purchase individual tickets from a JTB travel agent. More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3041.html

Fujiko:

Yes, but the service is only available in Japanese.

http://l-tike.com/fujiko-m/
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3252.html

what's the chance to get the admissions tix for april?

When in April? The beginning is likely to be quite busy because of spring break. Fujiko posts a calendar so you can see availabilities (but its only 2 months out).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/29 16:07
Hi yllwsmrf ,

From you reply I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that you're saying that purchasing from a JTB travel agent may be cheaper than from the JTB site?

If so, do you happen to know if there is a list of the JTB travel agents in Australia?

Thanks!
by remark rate this post as useful

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/29 16:13
From you reply I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that you're saying that purchasing from a JTB travel agent may be cheaper than from the JTB site?

The Japanican site only offers the tour package which costs 6000 yen per person. The local agents on the other hand can sell just the tickets at a small markup (I believe it ends up being around 1500 yen total per person)

If so, do you happen to know if there is a list of the JTB travel agents in Australia?

Turns out JTB Australia has a site where you can buy the tickets online. They are $15 AUD each. This may be the case for other localized JTB offices.

http://www.japantravel.com.au/Admission-Ticket-Details.asp?AdmissionTi...

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/29 16:17
Turns out JTB Australia has a site where you can buy the tickets online.

Whoops, just clicked through to discover its not an online form, but a pdf enquiry form :(

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/29 21:11
hi yllwsmrf,

thanks for the advice.

When in April? The beginning is likely to be quite busy because of spring break. Fujiko posts a calendar so you can see availabilities (but its only 2 months out).
my plan is to be in tokyo for the first week of april.
you mentioned that it can be purchased online - has anyone tried to do that outstide japan or it only allow japan residence with japan cards?

ghibli museum - is also a bit tricky. i'm based in singapore and JTB Singapore did sell them but you have to purchase a hotel room through them... and their package can be a bit pricey.

thanks again!
by fire brickwall rate this post as useful

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/29 22:02
You can purchase from here:

http://www.bridge.jpn.com/contact-tickets

by grendizer7 rate this post as useful

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/29 22:40
hi grendizer7

this is useful. thanks for the tip!!

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/30 10:58
my plan is to be in tokyo for the first week of april.

That is probably the worst time to go in April because it is still spring break. Make sure to get your tickets as soon as possible, as they are likely to sell out quickly. Buying through JTB is the safest because they can order them 3 months in advance (compared to 1 month for most ticket brokers), but it is the most expensive if your local JTB agent doesn't offer non-tour tickets.

you mentioned that it can be purchased online - has anyone tried to do that outstide japan or it only allow japan residence with japan cards?

If you are talking about Fujiko, there system requires signing up for the lawson Ponta system with a valid Japanese address.

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/30 11:59
Thank you for that information!

For anyone in Australia wondering I made an enquiry with JTB Australia, they only have a Sydney and Melbourne office. Adult tickets were $15 and there was also a booking fee of $15 and express postage of $6. Can also be couriered at a greater cost.

I don't know how much it costs buying tickets in Japan but personally I'd say the difference may well be worth it especially for the weekends as people have indicated tickets sell quite quickly. This guarantees you tickets well in advance and also you can go anytime between 10am and 5.30pm (30mins before closing time) whereas buying in Japan you have a set time which I understand if you happen to be 30 minutes late for means you cannot enter at all?

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/31 00:22
thanks yllwsmrf & remark for your advice!

...from the previous post... has anyone tried if this website is reliable?

.. JTB Australia, they only have a Sydney and Melbourne office.
...is it possible to make online purchase through them or you must hold an australian passport to be eligible to use their service?

thanks again all.

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/31 12:58
...from the previous post... has anyone tried if this website is reliable?

Not sure how reliable for the whole process, but I did send a query to them and had a response the next day, they mentioned they only have access to tickets 1.5 months in advance.

.. JTB Australia, they only have a Sydney and Melbourne office.
...is it possible to make online purchase through them or you must hold an australian passport to be eligible to use their service?

Don't think you can purchase online, you have to fill out their .pdf form which does ask for passport details... however I would send them an email and ask if they accept your country's passport, the form has a note that if you have a Japanese passport you also need to attach your visa so perhaps they can still arrange it for other nationalities as well?

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/1/31 13:33
Not sure how reliable for the whole process, but I did send a query to them and had a response the next day, they mentioned they only have access to tickets 1.5 months in advance.

I've never used them, but note that resellers have no arrangements with the ticket agents. They just purchase tickets for you like a regular person. FYI, they can only purchase tickets from 20-50 days in advance depending on the dates that you select.

That said, if you choose to use them then for the best chance of success make sure they know the details about the tickets you want to purchase before the 10th of March when tickets for April go on sale. That should also leave you a little leeway to get expensive backup tickets through JTB should you need to.

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/2/1 15:31
Hi all, I've just tried buying through this site http://www.bridge.jpn.com/contact-tickets. Payment through Paypal, and the tickets to deliver to the hotel.

Hopefully, it's good. Will update you guys once all is well. Anyway, I've booked for Friday 15th.
by mKow rate this post as useful

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/2/2 01:26
Do you guys think it's easier to book this through a English Tour website, or go by ourselves?

The tour guide gets us there worrysome free, but we have to get back to our hotel by ourselves.
by Cookson54 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/2/2 13:45
Hi Cookson54, when are you going? We are going on Feb 15th(Ghibli), already bought the tickets online through bridge.jpn. Booking through this site(agent) is very simple, but since I've not got the physical tickets yet, so am not sure to tell anyone how good this is. Anyway, they have already emailed me a scanned copy of the tickets, and will mail to our hotel. So I don't think it should be a worry, as we all know Japanese are trustworthy lot..:-).

If you book through JTB or japanican, it is very much more(6000yen), but incl travel there. It's only 1-way, as you've mentioned, I don't know? Anyway, getting there for 1st timers like us will be challenging, but for the huge price difference we pay, I think it's worth a try. Though, we don't get the english-speaking guides. If you are going there after our dates, then I can update you after our experience.

Cheers.

Re: ghibli & fujiko fujio museum 2013/2/20 20:43
Hi, I've just returned from our trip to Tokyo, and yes, we visited the Ghibli museum with the tickets we bought online through bridge.jpn.com. Just marvellous at the service being rendered by them, we got our tickets all in order. Just that the tickets can only be delivered to any address in Japan, so we had them delivered to our hotel. And it was kept safely until we arrived. That's is how trustable all Japanese are :-).

All in all, we had a really great time in Tokyo, and we will definitely return in the near future.

reply to this thread