Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nebuta Matsuri 2013/2/2 13:24
Q1. Nebuta Matsuriis very popular. Thus, can we all see clearly from any vantage point.

Q2. Should we reserved seats?

Q3. Are the crowd unruly?

Q4. How can we book for a room now wellin advance of the August peak period?
by Rachel WSM (guest)  

Re: Nebuta Matsuri 2013/2/2 13:56
Q1. Nebuta Matsuriis very popular. Thus, can we all see clearly from any vantage point.

It is held along a very long course. Consequently, it is relatively easy to get a good vantage point.

Should we reserved seats?

I don't think it is necessary.

Q3. Are the crowd unruly?

Generally not. However, there are some scattered anti-social people, called karasu-zoku, who cause some quarrels with the people in the procession. They won't attack anybody, but I found them to spoil the mood a little. But then again, some viewers may not even notice them. It is not a major issue.

How can we book for a room now wellin advance of the August peak period?

Many of the hotels are booked out by tour companies. You could consider purchasing the accommodation as part of such a package. Most of them are geared towards Japanese travelers, but I imagine that you will also find a few for foreign tourists.

Also, some business hotels do not start releasing their rooms until a few months before staying date. The exact policy varies between the hotels. You can try to book them as soon as reservations becomes possible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nebuta Matsuri 2013/2/5 05:14

Dear Uji

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I will do as per your instructions.

Rachel
by Rachel WSM (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread