Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kokedera, Sagano Railways question 2013/2/12 21:40
Hi! We have limited time in Kyoto in April and I was wondering if this one day itinerary is feasible:

We start the day at Kinkakuji, spending about an hour there. We take bus 59 to Ninnaji so we can hop on to the Keifuku railways train to Arashiyama, passing by the cherry blossoms along the way.

My friend and I are both interested in trains, so upon reaching Arashiyama, we'd like to try riding the Sagano Romantic train, and we're also interested in Kokedera. I've researched both and it looks like reservations are needed, so the timing can be quite tricky. Any suggestions would be welcome!

We have two more days in Kyoto but those are pretty tightly packed already (we're doing the Higashiyama full day itinerary, and we need the other day for packing/forwarding luggage to Tokyo). Any suggestions would be welcome!
by Kat (guest)  

Re: Kokedera, Sagano Railways question 2013/2/13 11:28
Kokedera and the Sagano Railway can both take quite a bit of time, so its gonna be a tight schedule. Best to start at Kinkakuji right when it opens at 9 and plan to be at Kokedera around 2. Also, you don't need reservations for the Sagano Railway, but it would help to get them for efficient planning.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread