Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 38

1 2
next

Do i need a Visa to go to Japan? 2005/3/12 18:56
I am a U.S. permanent immigrant. I have my greencard and my Philippine passport. I want to go visit Tokyo for 8 days. Do i need a Visa to go to Japan?
by Wanting  

Do i need a Visa to go to Japan? 2005/3/14 01:07
Since you are not a US Citizen and only a landed immigrant and the Philippines do not have a visa waiver program with Japan you will need a visa.

You can find further imformation at: http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html

There is a waiver of the visa fee if you plan to attend the Expo and are going during the time of the Expo but it sounds like you just want to see Tokyo so this may not apply to you.
by Jamie rate this post as useful

Visa 2005/10/25 04:41
i'm a US permanent immigrant, I have green card, Social Security and ID, and I also have Vietnamese passport, I want to visit Japan about 6 months, do i need a visa?
by Diem lan rate this post as useful

... 2005/10/25 10:30
The green card is of no use in this case. You are considered Vietnamese national. But even if you had a US passport, you would need to apply for a visa, because it is not possible for US citizens to stay in Japan for more than 90 days without a visa.

In order to stay for 6 months, you would have to apply for some kind of work or student visa.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Visa to Japan 2005/11/2 07:16
Thank you very much for your help Uji. I have one more question if I apply for visa what document I have to bring for my side and my fiance side as well(in Japan). if I stay in Japan within 3 months do I need a visa? Thank you very much.
by Diem lan rate this post as useful

... 2005/11/3 12:06
have one more question if I apply for visa what document I have to bring for my side and my fiance side as well(in Japan).

Inquire for details at the Japanese embassy or consulate in your country.

if I stay in Japan within 3 months do I need a visa?

Yes, I am afraid, Vietnamese nationals need a visa even for short stays.
by Uji rate this post as useful

do i need a visa to japan? 2006/3/26 12:01
hi, i am a hungarian citizen working in california as an au pair. i would like to visit japan as a tourist in summer. do i need a visa?? thank u for your answers. Viki
by viktoria rate this post as useful

Hungary 2006/3/26 13:01
According to the MOFA webpage listed below: "Since June 1997, exemptions for ordinary visas have been granted."

http://www.mofa.go.jp/region/europe/hungary/index.html

I would still contact the Japanese embassy or consulat to make sure.
by Kappa rate this post as useful

. 2006/3/26 13:04
According to the visa exemption page:
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/02.html#a

Citizens from Hungary do not require a visa for stays up to 90 days. (tourist)
by . rate this post as useful

Do i need a visa? 2006/5/13 07:14
I'm and American citizen but I'm from Puerto Rico . I'm going to stay for 2 weeks do I need a visa? and how long will take?
by Alex Marini rate this post as useful

.. 2006/5/13 07:56
No you don't Puerto Ricricans hold US Citizenship and carry US Passports. You are in the same boat as any other US Citizen where you do not need a visa and fall under the visa waiver.
by .. rate this post as useful

visa for a Brazilian 2006/6/9 10:25
My finance and I are planning a trip to Japan. I'm American, he's Brazilian. We both hold passports to our respective countries. I know that a Brazilian national needs to have one, but is it difficult to obtain a visitor visa for Japan? The travel arrangements, housing, spending money will all be taken care of -- but not by him. Would that be a problem, or is that something that can be taken care of with a letter and a copy of my bank statement?
by Annie rate this post as useful

do i need a visa to go to japan 2006/9/3 18:55
do i need a visa with a lesotho passprot
by ugochukwu p rate this post as useful

.. 2006/9/4 03:45
do i need a visa with a lesotho passprot

If your country does not appear on this list:
You need a visa.

all these visa questions 2006/9/25 19:23
For all those asking and wanting to know what visa requirements there are, the best place to find this information is to contact the Embassy or Consulate of the country you wish to travel too,in your nearest capital city. Here, they can provide you with up-to-date and accurate information for your particular situation.
by deidre rate this post as useful

Italian 2006/10/16 05:08
Do Italian need a visa?
by Panzy rate this post as useful

.. 2006/10/16 05:27
I dont understand why people dont know how to read:

If your country appears on this list:

You dont need a visa.

visa 2006/10/26 05:50
i am a us citizen visiting japan what happen if i stay over my 60 day visa
by stephan rate this post as useful

. 2006/10/26 07:03
i am a us citizen visiting japan what happen if i stay over my 60 day visa

US Citizens can stay visa free/visa waiver up to 90 days.

If you say over 90 you will be violating the law. You can be arrested, deported and banned from reentering Japan for up to 5-10 years.

japanese visa requirements for tourist 2006/11/6 12:44
im a filipina and wanted to visit japan for 30days. I need to know what are d requirements. Will you please post it?... Thanks!
by Lei Magnawa rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 38

1 2
next

reply to this thread