Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 51
prev
1 2 3
next

Hip Hop Clubs in Tokyo 2006/5/22 11:37
Hey,
I am going to be in Tokyo from May 23 for about a week. Any good hip hop clubs?

Any ones to stay away from?

Thanks for your help. Email me at e_glien@yahoo.com
by Evan rate this post as useful

Hey George 2006/5/22 12:54
George,
I will be in Tokyo the same time as you. Hit me up at e_glien@yahoo.com where are you staying?
by Evan rate this post as useful

? ? ? 2006/7/20 09:42
Hi "Paul Bengtson"

iLd like to get in contact with you.
please send me a mail to gabriel@mdproductions.de

best regards
Gab
by Gabriel rate this post as useful

Hip Hop clubs 2006/10/16 04:15
I live in Tokyo and if you love hip hop go to Club 99 in Roppongi. if you like crowded clubs and grinding this is the place to be.

If you like "dancing" and want some room when you are dancing CORE is a good hip hop club to go. its also in Roppongi.

If you want a higher class hip hop club go to Vanilla in roppongi. this is one of the biggest clubs in the roppongi area.

If you wanna see models and listen to hip hop go to lexington queen. This clubs plays all genres so if you like dancing to any music and you wanna see models go there.

The best days to go to these clubs are definitely Saturday. Thursdays and Fridays are also cool but Saturday is the bomb. Go to the clubs around 11, 12 the lastest cuz after an hour the clubs will be jumpin!
by Tokyo Hood rate this post as useful

hey tokyo hood 2006/10/17 21:19
hey thanks tokyo hood -thats good to know! im going to tokyo next month and have been going thru all these posts to see what good hiphop clubs to go too.

would you happen to know which club where you will find alot of black american guys???
by deidre rate this post as useful

DnB / HipHop 2006/11/20 16:06
I ll be in tokyo dec 27-30 and wanted to know where I should hit up? Like Doog I am also into Jedi mind Tricks, Tech Itch, Evol ect... Anyway hook it up!
by Skaper rate this post as useful

ah yeah watch out for meat markets 2006/11/24 08:06
alright you know, a lot of those clubs listed before you might be dissapointed. Im not so into the hip hop scene, but I know tokyo and good music.
Just to retort.
Lex-yeah there are some models, but the hip hop is top 40, if thats ok. Then thats ok. Good place to pick up, but not much for music.
Same with Gaspanic 99. I mean people wanna get down there, but if you like music, it sucks. Just basic stuff that people around the world dance too and both of those are mix clubs. But 99 is free. Lex is like 3-4000 all you can drink.
Vanilla is an odd one, its a nice place, two floor. bottom floor has a big room with hip hop. if you are foriegn you can usually pick up a ticket out front, entry for a 1000 with two drinks. So basically free entry for foreigners AND GIRLS. Reverse racism. Hmm. Anyway not so cool, but you can meet girls.
I think Air has some cool nights for hip hop sometimes. Much cooler place, more focus on good music then grinding.
Be careful of Gaspanic in general, for many as one of the worst bar/clubs ever.
I heard Ageha-a massive club,-get the bus from shibuya-has hip hop nights. That place has good music generally.
I went to a party at Club Asia, once they were playing some cooler hip hop stuff, had live acts and stuff. But depends on the party at the club.

Lots of small parties going around, probably with cooler music, been to a few, but they are harder to find. Maybe find some cool Japanese friends.

Yeah just beware of some of the cheezy clubs.
by A bit of help rate this post as useful

SLUM VILLAGE in TOKYO! 2006/11/28 02:55
Hey guys

In Tokyo until 6 December. Just found out Slum VIllage will be doing a show at Tokyo Unity on 30 November. Hit me up if anyone is keen to go (www.myspace.com/asairlao) or has any other details .. I can't seem to find details for Unity - aparently it's only new??
by alice rate this post as useful

any info? 2006/11/28 16:54
hey, has anyone been to:
Loop, Secobar or Bullet?

i'm mostly looking for good music of any genre but innovative/up-and-coming DJ's would be a major plus.

also, re: hip-hop, i'm open to anything good though i'm mostly into dizzee, wu-tang and bass-heavy beats from the bay area (i gotta have that slump).

if anyone knows of any non-cheesy, non-meatmarket spots with a cool vibe that aren't afraid to turn up the bass, let me know!
by blunt girl rate this post as useful

Missed Slum Village... damn! 2006/12/5 14:59
I've just settled in.. I was away for two years after one year as an exhange student. This time I'll be here for 3 years.

Most of the hip hop that I've heard in clubs is your typical top 40 stuff, which I'm not really feeling.

In La Fabrique (Shibuya) there's some good tunes in their hip hop nights. Last time, about a month ago, they were spinning some Pete Rock & CL Smooth, ATCQ, Quannum, Brother Ali, De La Soul, Gang Starr, Madlib, etc, etc.

If anyone knows any other good hip hop clubs / parties (also soul, funk, jazz, downtempo, d'n'b and Jamaican music from old rock steady to latest dancehall..), I'd also be more than happy to know and to meet like-minded people. Drop me a line or two: vile@hiphop-directory.com

Too bad I didn't get any information on Slum Villabe beforehand.. I'd really would've liked to check them out. "Slum village gold still danglin in your ear"...

BTW. for Japanese hip hop acts, I suggest you check out Gagle. So far it's the best Japanese hip hop group I've ran into.
by Shark's Finn rate this post as useful

Krumpers 2006/12/6 00:30
yo everybody,

I am staying in Tokyo for 4 days, from this sunday. And I am looking for good underground hip hop and espcially krumpers for the one who know Tommy the CLown !! Just wanted to check if anybody has some time to introduce me to the undeground hop hop culture during my staying.
I would welcome any adivces.

see ya.
by Tiass rate this post as useful

music, graff 2006/12/13 19:40
Im living in Ibaraki but there aint really shit happening where I live. No bars or live music for that matter. I go to Tokyo quite alot to try and check out record shops. Anyone know if theres any good clubs or bars that play good hip hop. Im in need of some damn hip hop. Im from England and im into stuff like Klashnekoff, task force, lewis parker and all that old US stuff like DITC, Main Source, Artifacts, Jeru, De La, TQC Company Flow blah blah blah and just good music in general. Plus anyone know if theres any places that sell spraypaint in tokyo Ive been here for 4 months and aint painted yet. Would appreciate the help, cheers, mike.
by mrchids rate this post as useful

looking for the ''hip hop scene'' 2006/12/14 21:34
i just got to japan 2 weeks ago imma be in kanagawa atsugi for 3 years. Im originaly from Los Angeles. Im into Def jux, Living Legends, Visionaries, Rhymesayers, Artifacts, Freestyle Fellowship etc. All i can say is WTF i can't find shit i've been tryin to meet people into the scene all i get is nods to the names i say. I've been to Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Yokohama sofar. Shibuya had a club that was near club asia think it was 3 floors 2 was trance top was hip hop. I mean it was diverse hip hop jiggy to old school but none of the shit i would hear in LA. Im looking for a Project Blowed Type Deal. I hope a real Japanese hip hop head can tell me where to go. The tower records shows they do have great taste but im clueless to where to go to find it. Email me visionary126@gmail.com if anyone got any info or down to meet up
by Beatjuxie126 rate this post as useful

quick run down!!! 2006/12/16 22:49
if your looking for good hip hop go to NATURE 2x a months they have "tipsy" all you can drink all night one price. they have the parties on friday nights..most people walk back and forth from CLUB99 TO NATURE!....stay away from vanilla it's to packed you can't move around...don't let the africans sucker you into their clubsor the ones they work for.......
by HuntdaHound rate this post as useful

FYI - DJ Krush 2006/12/19 03:44
Just for your info, DJ Krush is playing at Shibuya's Nuts on December 30th. If you don't know who Krush is, he's a (or should I say THE) Japanese trip-hop DJ (ninjatunes label) and he is an amazing performer. I wish I was still in Japan so I could go! boo hoo...
by MEW rate this post as useful

:o) 2006/12/31 00:26
Hello, am from Serbia staying here in Tokyo another six months. Just to let ppl know :

The Roots 15,16,17 January - Shibuya O-EAST.
Jurassic 5 play Shibuya AX on January 27-28.
If anybody wants to make a deal about going... e-mail me miiilka_panama@yahoo.com

by Miiilka rate this post as useful

Night transport 2007/2/20 00:29
If i stay in Roppongi, can I get back home after midnight from Shibuya? Can i take a taxi, or will i have to stay all night, or is walking home possible?

All things considered, is Shibuya a better to stay than Roppongi for transportation and other reasons?

Cant Tokyo keep a few subway trains going after midnight?
by wilding wildy rate this post as useful

... 2007/2/20 10:22
If i stay in Roppongi, can I get back home after midnight from Shibuya?

Of course!

Can i take a taxi, or will i have to stay all night, or is walking home possible?

It is up to you. The distance is about 4 kilometers (from around Roppongi Station to around Shibuya Station). The taxi fare would be around 1200 Yen. On foot, it would take about one hour.

All things considered, is Shibuya a better to stay than Roppongi for transportation and other reasons?

For transportation, Shibuya is considerably more convenient than Roppongi.

Other reasons? It depends on the reason!

Cant Tokyo keep a few subway trains going after midnight?

I suspect that the laws prohibit 24 hour operation due to noise pollution, but I am not sure.
by Uji rate this post as useful

nightclubs 2007/3/8 17:51
hey guys...I'm definitely into the hiphop scence you guys have been talking about (jedi mind tricks...j5..the roots..mims...).

i'm going to be in tokyo in july and we want to know the clubs that are pretty packed with people...grinding...good drinks...playing insane beats...and just into having a good time.

please hit me up.
thanks.
by lo rate this post as useful

non-wanker hip hop clubs April 7? 2007/4/2 15:34
where are the non-roppongi/wanker hip hop clubs in tokyo this friday?
by jenny rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 51
prev
1 2 3
next

reply to this thread