Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 36 of 36
prev
1 2

K&M Models 2008/5/22 15:14
I've been trying to find this "K&M" modeling agency in Tokyo, but I can't seem to find it on googler. does anyone have the K&M model's website?
by Mat rate this post as useful

Are you looking for this website? 2008/5/22 22:03
by booyan rate this post as useful

some answers and names 2008/8/1 14:42
I have worked as an actor and have several agencies. Unlike other countries with a centralized casting system is only who you know, over here. So get as many agencies as you possibly can get. Each one has different areas of expertise and different clients that THEY know and work with.
Top of my list are D'Xim Agency, Zenith, Freewave. Others have gotten work or I have heard good things about K&M, E promotions, Ist(east).
ROYALTIES?? I think so. I have had MANY. I personally know of most actors getting renewals regularly IF and only IF the client uses it again. Every cm comes with restrictions, the longer the restriction the more the add on to the pay scale. Some agencies pay you in 30 dyas from the GIG. Some agencies pay 2 months later, 3 months later, or 6 months later. Some even pay the day after the job. Depends on who you are, who the client is, and who the agency is.
My opinion is that there are 2 types of people here in this business. Ones who are just here and think it is a fun day out for something to do. Chatty Kathys or Nosey Parkers who are distracting to everyone but themselves, and professionals who are trying to make a living and make every effort to comply with and follow requests made of you. all my agencies treat me with respect and have utmost honesty towards the talent. Setting the bar at the highest quality of this is without a doubt D'Xim Agency.
by Working Actor rate this post as useful

Kid Models 2008/8/6 18:59
Hello,

i was reading your posts and wanted to know if anyone has worked with or heard about Free Wave Modeling/Entertainment and if so how are they with children??? We are new here in Japan from the states and are looking for a good agency or two to start with. My 7 yr old son already has experience so any help would be greatful. Also how does the percentages work here in japan??

Thank you
by Nubianmommy rate this post as useful

tourist visa 2008/8/21 05:44
Will any model agency in tokyo register you on a tourist visa or do they ask for a visa?
by Male model rate this post as useful

is it only tokyo? 2008/9/13 12:14
Hi
I am currently living in Sapporo and I am interested in doing some modelling here but I haven't found any agencies so far. Does anyone know if there are any up here or is it pretty much all in Tokyo?
If anyone has any information I would be really grateful.

Thanks
by J rate this post as useful

Sound advice people 2008/9/17 15:33
With reference to many of the answers above I agree that the agencies you should focus on are Dxim, Lazaris. Freewave, Zenith and possibly Group Echo who are the only Japan-wide foreign talent agency.

That being said, I like Ed was a professional actor back home and am looking for an agency/agent that could help me getthe kind of jobs only experienced actors are considered for. Any recommendations would be most welcome.
by thatmanadz rate this post as useful

AVOCADO agency 2008/12/2 15:32
try this agency.I like them. they are nice and honest. I guess they accept all age range.
by josh rate this post as useful

Males modeling in Japan 2009/1/2 05:25
We were stationed in Japan for three years and my sons continually got work thru several agencies. We were called two to three times a week, so I feel that males are in demand. Being respectful, timely, and cooperative are important because shoots can be very long (sometimes days long) and stressful. Nonetheless, modeling in Japan is great fun and a wonderful cultural experience.
by Drei rate this post as useful

these agencies...? 2009/1/2 09:02
Oricon (style)
Avex (network)
watanabe (pro)

Does anyone know anything about them, and if they're reliable? Thanks much~
by Kira rate this post as useful

registration hours? 2009/1/3 03:18
I have a full time job from Mon-Fri, but I am also interested to do modeling on weekends during my free time. Is there any other way I can arrange for a tryout this way?

Also, do japanese model agencies take Asian models other than Japanese? I am Taiwanese/Korean mixed.

thank you
by WutangClan rate this post as useful

I was wondering that too 2009/1/18 22:35
I'm full Korean (at least that's what I'm suppose to be, but I don't truly know since I'm adapted). I know it'd be "easier" to act in Korea if I'm Korean, but I like Japan more, for some reason.
by Kira (guest) rate this post as useful

Looking for Casting Agencies 2009/5/19 21:01
Hi I am started my new agencies in Tokyo. And now i looking good Casting Agecies in Tokyo ( i want to give job for my models) is theres any sugestion i would be happy to except it. Thank you
by Dream Media International rate this post as useful

Be careful 2009/5/20 02:27
If you let an agency use your photo in Japan you may end up on a poster warning about the danger of getting AIDS from foreigners! Do you want your face on a public poster with the sentence "Beware of sex with foreigners."?
by cobenippon2010 (guest) rate this post as useful

Here is a complete list 2010/6/24 18:30
The link below provides a complete list of most of the agencies in Tokyo. I'd recommend Group-echo as they offer lots of extra work. For commericals (CMs) Avocado seems to be the best.

BEWARE of IMO sure they'll give you lots of work but good luck getting paid!

http://gaijinass.wordpress.com/2010/06/23/how-to-become-big-in-japan/
by Yosomono (guest) rate this post as useful

lazarus 2010/8/17 18:23
sorry this isnt a answer but a question...does anyone know the contact details to lazarus modelling agency? i cant seem to find it on the net. thnx
by elina (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 36 of 36
prev
1 2

reply to this thread