Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 51
prev
1 2 3
next

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2011/11/12 05:27
I was stationed at yamada in 66, went from there to cam rahn afb in vietnam then back to yamada,then mountain home idaho.
remember yamada as a very favorite place would have re uped just to stay there.
by clayton linville (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2012/6/4 00:51
I was NCOIC of Base Utilities at Yamada Butai 68-69. Know it like the back of my hand.
by TL King (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2012/7/7 22:54
I was there in 67 and I remember a Capt Mock being the OIC. Met him later while stationed at Nellis. Noticed a few names in this thread I know; Dark (from lArkansas?) and Tommy Hodges (Pound,Va)
by R Morrison (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2012/7/19 06:39
I was at Yamada from !0-67 to 09-68 and was the ckerk in HQ with Sgt Andres. Col Krueger was C.O. We also had Capt Mock and Maj. Kasper. I noticed that Itazuke has a Alumni page and has had reunions in the States Any interest in this?
by Jim Agent (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2013/1/26 14:45
My first day at Yamada the korens captured the Publeo 1968 I think. I was a fireman and ran the projector for movies at the enlisted mens club. Best duty assignment ever. Broke my collar bone playing baseball, if that jogs a memory for anyone. Send an email padon1@suddenlink.net
by padon1 rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2013/5/1 11:07
I was at Yamada !965/1966 with the Fire Department. "Pepsi" was also there. Loved the place, remember the NCO club selling mix drinks for five cents before 7 pm and 10 cents after 7 pm.
by Louis J Lebron (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2013/7/22 04:39
I remember you Morrison, I still live in Pound, Va. I got out of the USAF in early 69, then joined the Army on Halloween 69.
When I got shipped to NKP, Thailand, where were you sent?
by tom hodges (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2013/8/7 00:15
Hopping Tom Hodges and John Silva will see this posting. I was at Homestead, AFB, Florida when John Silva came there fro Yamada Storage Annex.. Shortly afterwards was shipped to Yamada storage Annex where I met Tom Hodges, Ken Eller, John Papa and R Morrison. There were many others there also. Kenny, Tom and I were shipped from t here to NKP, Thailand. Sure would like to find emails on some of these. My email is dennis31061@yahoo.com.
by Dennis W Herndon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 68-69 2013/8/13 23:27
I was at Yamada from Jul68 - Aug 69. To Jimmy Agent: I replaced you and you showed me the ropes. Remember Miki and MSgt Knudsen. I played ball with Mark Sternberg and Vern Silva Major Kasper was my CO and one of the nicest men I ever met in the USAF. I am in Florida living happily ever after. Cheers
by John Neary (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2014/8/28 03:59
I explored interest in getting Yamada Veterans together through the American Legion magazine and received contact from a few people.I would still like to pursue this if anyone is interested .John Neary get in touch with me at jimagent1122@yahoo.com. Jimmy Agent.
by Jimmy Agent (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2014/9/3 05:41
I was stationed at Yamada in 1965-1966, went TDY to Da Nang during the buildup in 65. I lived in the HQ building and my roommate was Paul Puls. I remember Sgt. Fitzsimmons, John Silva, a big tall fireman named McDonald, can't remember others. Still have my "Diploma" from when I rotated.
by MIKE MOORE (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2015/3/11 11:02
1965-1966, I do remember Mike Moore, The tall fireman McDonald, Pepsi and myself were the three firemen for Yamada. Mike do you remembe what you said to the Base Commander when the laundry mamasan were mixing our laundry? (50 years and I will always remember what you said).
by Louis Lebron (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2015/4/8 06:48
WOW...I COULD HAVE SAID A LOT OF THINGS...HELP ME OUT.
by MIKE MOORE (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2015/5/17 10:58
Wow. This is a long look back but my time at Yamada overlaps
with several posts. I was there during the 65-66 window, also TDY to DaNang during this period. I was an still am a tall slim guy. Remember MacDonald I think and my roommate Jim Film from NY. He loved Ducati bikes. Also a guy named Kirby. Overall a terrific place to be assigned. Remember the "pool" way up in back? Loved explored the roads and pathways inside the depot. Remember Siracawamachi (sp) Kokura. I was Krugers driver for a spell but my AfSC was Munitions Specialest A1C while there. Remember many women in pointed gusts all over cutting grass with sickles. All good memories. Especially the bar, cheap drinks and cigs and the adjoining movie room.
by Gordon Glass (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2015/8/10 06:19
Was there from Jun 67 to July 68. Lynch, Stappleton and I were the
friendly cops at Yamada. Left there to Duluth AFB my home town.
by Roy Randa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2015/8/12 23:00
I was stationed at Yamada Butai for 13 months on and off arriving in 1966. I was a crew leader for the local workers. I was sent TDY to Utapao Thailand for 90 days and returned to Yamada and remained there until my documents arrived for 30 days. This base and Kokura were paradise. I was returned to Utapao for 9 months. I returned to the U.S. and finished my service at Hill Field in Salt Lake City UT. I am still in contact with several Yamada and Utapao airman. I hope to hear from others thru this site.
by Irv Crump (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2015/8/18 10:11
Just found this site. Looked through all the messages and the only name I really know is MSgt Penn. I worked directly for him while stationed at Yamada in 66 67. Had my TDY to Vietnam like many at that time. Worked at the Airman's club while there, cooking and serving drinks. Had a lot of arm wrestling and chugging in the club. Wonderful duty and beautiful location. Knew a lot of people but remember the names of only a few. SSgt Gilmore was one. There were a couple of barbers there both female and Japanese. had a "ugly" contest while there. If you were there then you know what that was about. Able to spend quite a bit of time up in the officers billets. Was there when one of our personnel showed up on Japanese TV for selling American booze on the black market. Again do not remember his name, only that he had been at Yamaha for several years and I believe was married to a Japanese women. Was part of the bowling team that went to Sasabo for team play. Have a few pictures of the area, storage sites and operations etc if anyone is interested.

by dorian davis (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2015/11/27 06:50
Roy Randa. Have not heard your name since I left Yamada. Lynch,Stappleton and you left before I did in Sept of 1968. Have you heard from them. E-Mail me and let me know where you are living and what you have been doing all these years. E-Mail address is at the top of this page.
by Jimmy Agent (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2016/12/8 03:16
Enjoyed reading the comments. I was stationed there from Jan. 65 to April 67 as the OIC of the Munitions Storage Area. We had a lot of great troops there and it was an interesting place to be stationed. Remember Pyro in the chow hall who trained to be a Kamikaze pilot? Taking Karate from Japanese Black Belt teachers was cool. I lived on base and later my family moved down to Hakata Annex and I commuted on weekends. My book, Just Call Me Moose! covers some of those days at Yamada Butai. Now I live in Venice, FL after 23 years in the USAF. Give me a shout.
by Karl R. Bossi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yamada Ammo Depot 2016/12/13 23:17
Was at Yamada in 66-67. I remember the names on this site. Worked in Inspection Section for SSgt Fitzgerald, A1C McCrea and TSgt Pillsbury. Was staioned again with McCrea and RL Gilmore. TDY to U-Tapao Thailand in 67 and never returned to Japan. After TDY to U-Tapao it was 20th TASS in VietNam at 1st Cav Airfield. Did two more Viet Nam tours in 69-70 & 72-73 both at DaNang. Closed DaNang in 73 and ended up in Laos at JUSMAG. Loved AMMO and the troops. Stayed 25 years and retired as CMSGT following Desert Storm.
by John Cecere (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 51
prev
1 2 3
next

reply to this thread