Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 35 of 35
prev
1 2

English sites? 2008/4/29 13:02
Any other resources out there? I need it to be in English as I can't read Japanese.
by Ronny rate this post as useful

Authentic? 2008/5/1 14:43
My uncle researched our family crest and found one, but it is not listed anywhere in the sites posted. How can I tell if it is authentic or not?
by James rate this post as useful

Farmers 2008/5/2 05:43
Did farmers have this kamon? Were they part of a clan also so they would get the kamon?
by Lamb rate this post as useful

Where can I have one made 2008/5/2 22:29
I have the design of my family crest. Where can I have one made that looks like mine. Can I bring it in to those shops that sell the stamps? I would like to have one that looks authentic.
by Lowe rate this post as useful

Enjoy 2008/5/3 07:03
Here is interesting information about family crests.

http://www.geocities.com/kazenaga23/crests.htm
by Yoku rate this post as useful

nope 2008/5/3 07:23
In the Edo era, farmers would never have had mons of any kind. While they technically ranked higher on the social scale than craftsmen or merchants, they had no real status and were kept close to starvation by the shogunate.
by Tay rate this post as useful

Changing ranks 2008/5/3 17:01
Would you know if the rankings changed like careers change in modern times? Or if you were a farmer always a farmer?

Thanks

Farmers also had kamon 2008/5/3 23:52
Many farmers had their family crest in Edo period.
Some people confuse family crest with family name.
Farmers in Edo period were not allowed to have their family name, officially. However, the government didn't regulate by law about family crest. So, rich farmers wore montsuki hakama at ceremony. Montsuki is clothes which printed family crest.
Therefore, we can see many family crests on gravestones in countryside.
by jtomi rate this post as useful

Farmer mon 2008/5/5 18:42
So the elite farmers did have a mon. Thank you for clarifying that.

Names 2008/5/6 04:47
How many different names are there? Crest? Mon? Kamon? And do they all mean the same thing and have the same rankings?
by Edoki rate this post as useful

Help 2008/5/14 03:16
Could someone help me locate my family crest... Shikatani

Thank you
by Ray rate this post as useful

Choose your own 2008/12/24 22:47
Maybe you could just choose your own. If I were to choose, I'd pick 3 gold hollyhock leaves pointing to the center within a circle.
by ... rate this post as useful

last name Fujii 2008/12/25 13:40
my husband is last name Fujii.
I cannot find the kamon for it.
Any help would be appreciated. His parents say it is silly to need to know it but he wants to know the heritage.
I know my family one but I want to know also his.
by wife rate this post as useful

how can i find my family crest. 2010/3/15 08:55
Kamons or Japanese family crest is not so difficult to find, that is if your family have one. During the old days Imperial and nobles (Samurai) are the only ones who have kamons but commoners nowadays usually use designs of their own choice. You must also know your family name in kanji because many family names are the same but varies in spelling. For instance, my old family character is “nç³ but the modern way of writing it is “n•Ó but this 2 are just the same. Another watanabe is written as “n•” so this family have a different crest than that of my family.
Sometimes parents would say crest doesnt matter maybe because they dont have one or their ancestors are samurais and came from the defeated clan during the sekigara maybe they insisted not to use it anymore.
Hayashi is Samurai but I dont know if Imada is samurai or not. @
by Ira Watanabe (guest) rate this post as useful

family names & mon 2011/6/30 05:50
people should not try to find there crest based on last name. different last names had different crests, depending on which clan they were related or retainers too.
my family crest is takanoha my ancestory is from the asano clan. my blood line is through yoshida family name and is now just shida.

To be sure just check gravestones of your relatives.
by jks (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 35 of 35
prev
1 2

reply to this thread