Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 53
prev
1 2 3
next

Immunity Insurance 2007/7/12 21:49
Hi people, I noticed from ToCoo that there's a charge of 100000Y for immunity insurance. What's that? is it a deposit? If not, isn't that super expensive?
by Nick rate this post as useful

... 2007/7/13 10:12
They charge 1000 Yen per day for liability insurance. Immunity must be the product of an automated translation service. But I don't know where you get the additional two zeros from.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.... 2007/7/13 11:05
This is the clause i picked up from Nissan Rental:
*Please note that above price does not include immunity insurance coveres 100000yen.
E Compensation for damage to properties: 10 million yen (Please note that you need to cover the first 50,000yen)
E Compensation for vehicle damage: Actual cash value (Please note that you need to cover the first 50,000yen)
If you want this immunity insurance, please apply with check mark on reservation form.
Note that it says "cover", not charges, so I guess it is optional if you want additional insurance.
We booked Mazda as it is cheaper than Nissan for our travelling period, the total cost is 37,000 yen for 8 days, including basic insurance.
by naturegal rate this post as useful

... 2007/7/13 11:28
Please note that above price does not include immunity insurance coveres 100000yen.

This sentence does not make any sense to me.

I am also going... 2007/7/16 08:23
....but by motorcycle! Will be in Ohtaru on 28 July, continue from there to Wakkanai, after that Shiretoko-koen and Kushiro. If time permits I will go to the general Furano area. Have to catch the ferry back to Maizuru on 8 August. Therefor my agenda is limited to those 3 to 4 places only. But I guess those are the most beautiful and interesting places. I will be using a tent, trying to experience as much nature as possible. Hopefully the weather will be ok!

Maybe we meet on the road??

Have a great time up there and CU

Klaus
http://viryulanguage.com
by Klaus rate this post as useful

Correction 2007/7/16 08:25
...the Homepage is:

http://virtulanguage.com
by Klaus rate this post as useful

me fr Singapore too ! 2007/7/17 16:18
Sure seems like lots of Singaporeans will be in Hokkaido late July. I'm arriving in Memanbetsu Airport on 23 July. Just had a new issue crop up today - seems that I may not be able to exchange the Hokkaido JR Rail pass at Narita !
by huangsy rate this post as useful

... 2007/7/17 16:40
Great to hear so many Singaporeans going late July. I am looking forward to our trip, will be taking the domestic flight from Osaka to Sapporo on 25 July.
I think your Hokkaido JR pass can only exchanged in Hokkaido?

Car rental companies 2007/7/26 23:27
Hi neutragal,

I'll be in HKD in mid-aug. Would like to know which car rental company did you approach? 37,000yen for 8 days car rental is really cheap.
by EG rate this post as useful

... 2007/7/26 23:29
Hi naturegal,

sorry got your name wrong. :)
by EG rate this post as useful

car rental 2007/8/5 00:52
Hi EG,

Sorry for late reply as we are still holidaying in Japan currently. Our car rental is from tocoo car rental. We found this link from this website. Thanks to Japan-guide.com!

Cheers,
naturegal

Sapporo to Biei 2007/8/10 20:02
hi guys:

I am going to Hokkaido in mid Sept and will be driving from Sapporo-Chitose to Biei the first thing on arrival. Just wonder if you guys think it is safer to drive all the way up to Asashikawa back down to Biei or head south and turn east to take NH 274 then north up NH 237. I am going on a 17-day trip, and have checked that Nissan is a better deal through Tocoo. Just wonder if the basic insurance will be enough or I should get more to be immue?
by J.L rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/11 00:16
I have driven both ways, and both were "safe". By expressway via Asahikawa will be considerably faster.

Hokkaido Self-Drive 2008/5/13 23:45
Hey Naturegal,

How did your driving trip in Hokkaido go? I am planning one right now and am in desperate need for tips. Any inputs you have will be greatly appreciated.

Uji - What are the places you recommend I visit if I do a road trip? Thanks!
by Andrew rate this post as useful

Self Drive in Hokkaido 2008/5/14 00:10
Hi there, my road trip was great and we have enjoyed it very much. We have followed our planned itinerary very much except that we did not go to Wakkanai.
by Naturegal rate this post as useful

Hokkaido Roadtrip 2008/5/14 11:05
Hi naturegal,

I'm planning a roadtrip to Hokkaido end of July too and I'm planning to rent a car from Tocoo.

However I'm confused about their Calender System and Time System rental. I've tried to email Tocoo but received no reply. Which system do you use ?

Because it seems that one system is much expensive than the other. I'm planning on renting a car for 8 days, pick up on day 1 and return on last day. which system should I use?
Thanks for your help.
by shuekim rate this post as useful

Hokkaido Self-drive 2008/5/14 11:06
That is good to know! Some questions...

1. Which of the places u visited do u think is a must see on a driving trip?

2. Which of the places u visited is not worth driving long distances for?

3. Did u have trouble with the car rental? Anything I shld pay attention to?

4. Was navigation easy?

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks! :)

Hokkaido Self-drive 2008/5/14 12:08
Hi Shuekim,

From what I understand, calendar system is by days whereas time system is more flexible as you can decide when u want to collect and return the car as you like.

You should choose whichever option that is cheaper.

I think they will reply but it takes a while as I also experienced some delay in their reply last year. Since you are going in July, there is no immediate urgency yet, so be patient. :)

Hi Andrew,

To answer your questions:

1. Which of the places u visited do u think is a must see on a driving trip?
I think it depends on individual preferences on what to see. For us, we like to see scenaries, a little bit of adventure and we enjoy food. Fyi, this is our itinerary that u may want to consider:

Day 1: Drive from Sapporo, ends at Lake Toya
Day 2: Niseko
Day 3: Sapporo
Day 4: Asahikawa
Day 5: Abashiri
Day 6: Lake Mashu and Kushiru
Day 7: Obihiro
Day 8: Hakodate
Day 9: Hakodate
Day 10: Depart from Hakodate Airport
2. Which of the places u visited is not worth driving long distances for?
As mentioned, we did not go to Wakkanai because of the long distances. I remembered we also missed Nemuro.
3. Did u have trouble with the car rental? Anything I shld pay attention to?
We did not have any problem with our car. We chose Mazda. Just that you have to spend a little time to familarise with their GPS system for a start.
4. Was navigation easy?
With the GPS, it is very easy to navigate.

May I know the nationality of both of you?

Enjoy planning!
by Naturegal rate this post as useful

Hokkaido Roadtrip 2008/5/14 13:28
Hi again,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. I guess I'll go for the cheaper option then.

1) Do you think it's safe for 2 females driving in Hokkaido. For info, my itirenary is about the same as yours but we'll be going to furano/biei too.

2) What's the weather like in August? Will it be cold during nightime?

3) Did you camp during your roadtrip? We are planning on camping to save on accomodation, but I'm not sure wether they receive walk-ins.

Thanks a lot again.

By the way, I'm Malaysian.
by shuekim rate this post as useful

Hokkaido Self-Drive 2008/5/14 16:14
Nationality same as u Naturegal. :) I think having programmes like Japan Hour and Go! Hokkaido Fishing has a subliminal effect on us.

Btw, noticed u rented from Sapporo and returned at Hokodate. Is there a huge surcharge on that?

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 53
prev
1 2 3
next

reply to this thread