Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 40 of 40
prev
1 2

... 2008/6/1 12:20
Uji san..

Thanks ! More clearer now.

––åƒOƒ‰ƒ“ƒhƒzƒeƒ‹‘O- where is this place ?

Do I need booking for the highway bus ?

Can u guide me to the bus charges too ?

I guess the "Honshi" will be written outside the bus ?

JR•‘Žq is called JR Maiko in English right ?

Thanks so much ! Great !
by cheng rate this post as useful

... 2008/6/1 12:46
JR‚È‚ñ‚ΉwiOCAT) this is near JR Namba station already right ?

Uji san.. 2008/6/3 08:52
can help me with my two posts ? Thanks !

... 2008/6/7 10:20
––åƒOƒ‰ƒ“ƒhƒzƒeƒ‹‘O- where is this place ?

About 2 kilometers outside Naruto Park.

Do I need booking for the highway bus ?

All seats are reserved, however, if there are vacant seats, you can buy the ticket inside the bus just before departure.

Can u guide me to the bus charges too ?

Here:
http://www.honshi-bus.co.jp/unchinn.htm#4002

One way fares:
to Kosoku-Maiko: 2300 yen
to OCAT: 3150 yen

I guess the "Honshi" will be written outside the bus ?

The buses are operated by two companies Nishinihon JR Bus (¼“ú–{JRƒoƒX) and Honshi Kaikyo Bus (–{ŽlŠC‹¬ƒoƒX). So, either name is likely to be printed on the bus.

JR•‘Žq is called JR Maiko in English right ?

Right.

JR‚È‚ñ‚ΉwiOCAT) this is near JR Namba station already right ?

Yes, in fact, it is the same building. The trains stop in the basement. And the bus terminal is in the upper floors.
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2008/6/7 22:43
Uji san ... thanks for your help !

So where can I book the bus from since I stayed near JR Tokushima for 2 nights ?

Thanks so much !

... 2008/6/8 08:41
You can book tickets for the bus at the ticket counter of JR stations across Japan, including JR Tokushima Station.

Or through travel agencies.

.. 2008/6/9 11:35
sorry few more questions ..

Which option should i go for ?

Book at JR Tokushima 2 days before I leave ?

Or book at the moment I land at the narita airport ?

able to buy the bus tickets at naruto park to osaka on the day itself ? have seats ?

Thanks +++

... 2008/6/9 13:16
Book at JR Tokushima 2 days before I leave ? Or book at the moment I land at the narita airport ?

If you have your travel dates fixed, why not book them at the airport...

able to buy the bus tickets at naruto park to osaka on the day itself ? have seats ?

On most days I suspect that the bus will not be booked out. Only on busy days. But I can't guarantee.

... 2008/9/10 09:24
How much time do I need to tour around the area ? 4hrs ? I am thinking to buy my highway bus tickets to JR Namba station at the airport on the arrival..

Thanks
by Hoon rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/10 09:28
For just a boat tour to the whirlpools. two hours is enough. If you want to see other attractions in the area, more time is required. Note that only highways buses bound for Shikoku stop at Naruto Koen Guchi station near the whirlpools. If you travel in direction of Osaka, you will have to add time for access.

... 2008/9/10 16:20
Uji san .. me not going for boat ride , think just walk around to see the whirl pools. And I also need to allocated some time to walk to the bus stop rt ? So need 4 hrs ?
''Note that only highways buses bound for Shikoku stop at Naruto Koen Guchi station near the whirlpools. If you travel in direction of Osaka, you will have to add time for access.'' This statment , I do not really understand . Kindly explain. thanks
by hoon rate this post as useful

... 2008/9/10 17:44
The whirlpools are best seen from Naruto Park (Naruto Koen), which is located outside of central Naruto City. The highway buses between Osaka and Tokushima stop at Naruto Park, but only the ones going in direction of Tokushima. The ones going into the opposite direction (Osaka), do not stop at Naruto Park. You will have to take a bus from Naruto Park to the highway bus stop, which adds additional time.

Just seeing the whirlpools (and none of the other attractions in the park) takes less than an hour. But you will have to add time for access, especially if you travel in direction of Osaka.

... 2008/9/11 23:47
" In the Naruto Park area, it stops at ––åŠÏŒõ‹D‘D‘O, which is one of the two boat terminals of whirlpool sightseeing boats:
http://www.uzusio.com/access.html"

HOw to walk to this bus stop which can take me to JR Namba station ? HOw much time do i need to walk after watching the whirlpools ?

Thanks !

by hoon rate this post as useful

Where exactly is Kosuku Maiko bus stop? 2008/11/4 00:57
Hi Uji,

I will be heading to Naruto to see the whirlpools from Kobe. As I will be boarding the bus from Kosuku Maiko bus stop, can I know exactly where is the bus stop?

From this map that you have provided in your earlier post, is the bus stop the red dot on the right? http://www.honshi-bus.co.jp/noribamaikomap.htm

Thanks!
by Christina rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/4 07:35
The red dot on the right is where buses bound for Shikoku stop. The red dot on the left is where buses in the opposite direction (bound for Osaka, etc.) stop.

Naruto Kanko Kisen's Aqua Eddy? 2008/11/5 14:16
Hi Uji,

From ''Naruto Koen Guchi'' (––åŒö‰€Œû) bus stop, how do I get to the dock for Naruto Kanko Kisen's Aqua Eddy? From the map here (http://www.uzunomichi.jp/e/u3.php), it seems like the nearest bus stop to the dock is Naruto Kanko-ko. What is the bus I should be taking from Naruto Koen Guchi to there?

Thanks!

... 2008/11/5 14:51
Christina,

The Naruto Koen Guchi bus stop is rather far away from the Naruto Kanko Kisen Ferry (about a 2 km), while the Naruto Kanko-ko bus stop is literally next to the ferry terminal.

From Naruto Koen take the Tokubus Main Line to the Naruto Kanko-ko bus stop (5 min, 110 yen). I'm not sure if the bus stops at the Sky Line Guchi bus stop along the way, but you will know the correct bus stop as it is at the ferry terminal.

Bus map can be found here (japanese only):
http://www.tokushima-tdm.jp/bus/bus/rosennzu/p007.pdf

Also, I'd recommend taking the larger Wonder Naruto ferry rather than the Aqua Eddy, and to pay for the first class deck. The views of the whirlpools from higher up are much better than at water level. The underwater windows of the Aqua Eddy seem almost pointless as all you should be able to see is foam.

Here is the ferry website:
http://www.uzusio.com/
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2008/11/9 01:39
yllwsmrf, thanks very much for your reply and tip on the whirlpool boat.

I saw that there is a whirlpool watching boat terminal nearer to the Ohnaruto Bridge (nearest bus stop: Kameura-guchi). Do you know is that within walkable distance from the Naruto Koen bus stop? If I have to take a bus, will that be the same bus which you have mentioned?

Thanks!

Question... 2008/11/9 02:13
Another question...

As I will be boarding the highway bus back to Kosoku Maiko, is Kameura-guchi bus stop the same as ––åŠÏŒõ‹D‘D‘O in this bus timetable below?
http://www.honshi-bus.co.jp/daiyanaruto.htm

Thank you!!

Anyone knows? 2008/11/9 16:48
Can anyone help with my questions above?

Thanks a lot!

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 40 of 40
prev
1 2

reply to this thread