Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 5: Posts 21 - 40 of 91
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

To Cameron 2004/8/17 15:14
The 1st one: “A i•¶, or Tei Shukubun
The 2nd one: ’ ‰À‹, or Chin Kagou

The chinese character of last name of the first one, Tei, we use older version here.
by pacman rate this post as useful

Chinese names 2004/8/17 15:25
The two names in kanji posted by pacman look like "normal" Chinese names. However, the first one is distinctly a feminine name and the second one a masculine one.
by Mark rate this post as useful

thanks... 2004/8/17 19:23
Aight so it's Chin Kagou... thanks guys....
by Cameron rate this post as useful

Thank you, 2004/8/17 20:25
AKA-san for the tip and sorry Cameron for the 2days blank on this forum.
I just did like AKA-san suggested and I can read the characters.

I looked up my Kanji dictionary and found
»Æ,ÏÍ,Á¼ sound shi¡¢ta¡¢so, respectively.
Ö£,Êç,ÎÄ is sen or san, and bo,ryou.
And éî,¼Ñ,ºÀ is kage,sha,sa.

Ö£ÊçÎÄ sounds like someone`s name with both sen or san.
As for Ö£ÊçÎÄ and éî¼ÑºÀ, Japanese pronounciation doesn`t have them sound like a name.
Good luck!
by baba rate this post as useful

Gomennasai 2004/8/17 20:41
I`m sorry AK-san, your name is AK. I don`t know why I typed AKA.
Please read my post taking away "A" from your name!

To baba-san :) 2004/8/17 21:57
Glad it helped.

I just thought that it would be pity if someone with good knowledge of Chinese characters missed answering because of encoding! Your knowledge impresses me.

That's alright about the name by the way :) See you around!
by AK rate this post as useful

? 2004/8/17 21:58
Just curious which Kanji dictionary you looked up?

to baba 2004/8/17 22:08
it's not true that Japanese doesn't pronounce her name in Japanese. Which language do you use?

You cannot read the chinese characters in my answer above correctly unless you use Japanese encoding.

Reply to pacman 2004/8/18 00:09
I apologize, it`s all my mistake! Since my computer didn`t show me the characters correctly, I went to •Ž¦, ƒGƒ“ƒR[ƒh, as AK-san said but I selected one of the Japanese font settings.
And because of my mistake and poor knowledge of Chinese language, I misunderstood that you were talking about the Chinese pronounciations for the characters!

I tried the Chinese font then I realized that your answers were perfectly right.
I really appreciate that you checked back here and mentioned this, otherwise my wrong answer would never be corrected.

PS, I`m Japanese and I use Japanese language.

^_^ 2004/9/1 09:46
Sorry for reviving this thread, since it's 14 days old, but like Ken and Cameron, I've been wondering how my Chinese name would be pronounced in Japanese as well, and if it can be considered a 'real' Japanese name for a girl.

Any help and suggestions would be great, since I haven't had the chance to take a Japanese course yet (still in high school) -.-;

Anyhow, this is my Chinese name (hopefully it'll show up x_x): Žü‰Ã‹V (In Mandarin, it is pronounced as "Zhou Jia Yi")

Thank you ^_^
by Stephi rate this post as useful

Oops T_T 2004/9/1 09:55
Guess it didn't work... I entered in the correct characters, but it's not showing up correctly... they are completely different characters from the original ^_^; So here's an image reference instead: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Feria/zhoujiayi.gif

Gomen ne!

-_-; I'm an idiot... 2004/9/1 10:01
No wonder the original inputed characters weren't showing up... I put them in with Japanese encoding ^^; and then I tried to view it with Chinese encoding, and it gave me different characters. No wonder. So for those that are viewing the original post with Japanese encoding, you should be seeing the correct kanji for my name ^_^ If with Chinese encoding, it is incorrect ^^;

...there needs to be an 'edit' post button ^^;

chinese to japanese 2004/10/1 01:03
Hi can anyone pronounce my Chinese name in Japanese?

(This is Chinese encoding)
~{vDRnm`~}
in Mandarin it's pronounced ''Qu2 Yi4qing4''

Please gimme all possible pronounciations in Japanese, thx in advance!
by ivan rate this post as useful

. 2004/10/1 02:44
If you can read Japanese Shift-JIS, your name is áØ—‚áü isn't it?

It would read "Ku Yoku Kei" in Japanese reading.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

How to read my name in Japanese 2007/1/19 05:04
刘Žu伟
by 刘Žu伟 rate this post as useful

. 2007/1/19 23:44
Your name is —«ŽuˆÌ in traditional Chinese, isn't it? Then it reads "Ryu Shi-i" (u is long) in Japanese.

Please post in traditional Chinese (or in Japanese kanji if possible). Most non-Chinese people don't know simplified Chinese. And most simplified Chinese letters can't be represented in Shift-JIS.

What abt mine? 2007/1/22 01:24
My chinese name is: —Ñ•¶—´. From what I've found out on the net, it can be read as "Hayashi Fumitatsu". Just wondering if the name "Fumitatsu" sounds weird to a Japanese?
by Ryuu rate this post as useful

. 2007/1/22 06:52
Fumitatsu is a probable male name, though not very common.

But Chinese names are almost always read in on-yomi in Japanese; Rin Bun-Ryuu in your case.

My name 2007/1/23 12:01
i have my name in japanese

Natsuame Naomi

no surname yet

i heard it was pronounced in chinese:
xia yu mei zhi

is this correct?
by Nohime rate this post as useful

more to my qusetion 2007/1/23 12:03
i can show my chop if you can read that better, it translates to chinese relitively easy if i'm not mistaken, execpt the last charecter
by Nohime rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 5: Posts 21 - 40 of 91
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread