Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 5: Posts 21 - 40 of 94
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

email to japanes docomo mobilephone 2005/3/22 01:04
????? I want to send email from my computer (Vienna) to a docomo mobilephone. But I always get it back with the title "Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipient".
But I am sure this email is 100% correct. (ju.xx.xx@docomo.ne.jp) What Can I do????? Thank´s for help!
by ribo rate this post as useful

. 2005/3/22 03:30
Does the recipient permit email from your mail address?

Spam email to mobile phones is a big problem in Japan. So users can permit/refuse email from specific addresses/domains.
In fact, many people are refusing email except from several specific domains.

Ask the recipient if your address/domain is permitted.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

cell phones 2005/4/4 11:33
I've tried to call my son's cell phone several times tonight and I get a message spoken in Japanese that unfortunately I'm not able to understand. I've called this number many times in the past and get through without problems, but many times I get this message. Why does it work sometimes and other times it doesn't work. Could it be that the lines get busy or that the cell phone system is of poor quality and goes down often? Any help will be appreciated.

Clare
by clare jones rate this post as useful

. 2005/4/4 13:24
The message is probably "The cell phone you called is out of coverage or powered off."
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

??? 2005/4/11 02:39
I'm trying to call a cell in Yokosuka from a cell in the US, and yes I have international on the cell. I try dialing 011-81-80-xxxx-xxxx and it just beeps, over and over. I dial 011-81-80-xxxx-xxxx and it just rings. A little help please, very important, it's my fiancee!
by Josh rate this post as useful

Oops 2005/4/11 02:52
I mean I dial 80-xxxx-xxxx and it beeps, 90-xxxx-xxxx and it rings...
by Josh rate this post as useful

txt message from US to Japan 2005/4/18 10:20
so i'm in AT&T sevice now, trying to send txt message to japan cell phone. my friend's vodafone user, can he still get message from me? i live in U.S.A.
Thank you very much!! and i dailed 011-81-90xxxx-xxxx, is this correct?
by Yuan rate this post as useful

thank you 2005/5/22 06:44
l from thailand l try to call my boyfriend in okinawa he give me number 0906866XXXX l don't know how cn to call him l try to call +81906866XXXX but it have nothing can you help me please
by kob rate this post as useful

the answer to your mystery 2005/5/22 17:38
k so your havin a hardtime callin to a japanese cell?
k i have what you need. i call from the states all the time and ive been stationed in japan for a long while so i should know what im talikn about. so here it goes: depending on his/her service provider it could be 090 or 080 in some cases.
so if the number was i.e 090615XXXX then you would dial 011-81-90615XXXX where as
011 being the access number from the originating station
and 81 being the japanese international access code.
and the rest is the number
minus the zero for local. mystery solved.
by sailor rate this post as useful

email to ezweb.ne.jp 2005/11/2 22:40
i tried to send e-mail to my japanese friend ; @ezweb.ne.jp; but always rejected..

"mail system error- returned M "

How can i send through...
by leng 76 rate this post as useful

e-mail to japan cell phones 2005/12/21 23:59
Some phones will not accept a message that is over 500 characters. try a simple "hello" and see if it goes through. Good luck!
by Darcy rate this post as useful

cell phone to cell phone 2005/12/22 00:02
How do i call a cell phone in Australia from my cell phone here in Japan? I have a vodafone 3G phone.
I try dialing +61-40-xxx-xxxx but it won't work...
Please help if you can.
by Darcy rate this post as useful

International call from Japan 2005/12/22 02:00
Hi Darcy,

I'm also using 3G phone by vodafone.
When making an international call outside of Japan, +(country code)-number works, but when you are calling from Japan, you have to dial ''0046010'' instead of ''+'' before the country code.
Try 0046010-61-40-xxx-xxxx.
Hope it works. :)
by usako rate this post as useful

cell for japan use 2006/1/2 21:12
hi. im from the philippines and will go to visit japan next month. what cellphone can i use there using my home network? nokia?
by joey rate this post as useful

Please help me! 2006/1/9 18:09
Im from Australia and i want to call my friend in Tokyo on his cell!

But eveytime i try it never works!
Im very confused about the beginning numbers...its driving me crazy.

Someone please help!
by Minda rate this post as useful

here you go! 2006/1/9 18:21
Cells in Japan usually have the prefix 080 or 090. So to call from Australia 0011 81 80 (or 90 - leave off the first 0) then the 8 digit number
eg: 0011 81 80 XXXX XXXX
by Lynda rate this post as useful

Thanks Lynda! 2006/1/9 19:59
Hey thanks for the Help Lynda! =)

by Minda rate this post as useful

Darcy... 2006/1/10 14:02
Go to your local conbini and pick up a Brastel international phonecard. You dial an access number and the phone number you want (minus the first 0 from the country code), then your access code, and it will connect you. Its a lot cheaper than calling direct! I have used it from my vodafone 3g mobile to call my sisters' cellphones in the UK with no problems. The call comes up as 0Y on my phone, it just uses credit from the card.

If you are emailing a phone in Japan, check the size of the email you want to send, as mails over 300kb (on vodafone 3g) will not send. My sister has also sent me MMS from her UK mobile so it is possible! (not all of them arrived though).
3g phones (there are more and more, recently) have sms, mms and email. Not all email addresses are random, the user can change them - mine is (name I chose)@c.vodafone.ne.jp
by Sutefu rate this post as useful

Calling to a cellphone numbers in Japan 2006/2/6 23:19
My friend's service number is AU, and i tried calling his number using the country code +81 90 then the rest of his number. It was ringing and after several times of ringing an voice heard that i am directed to a message center that and have to record my voicemail after the tone. My friend's phone wa open at that time because we were both trying if my call can get through. I even tried sending him text but still no sms reached him. I am calling from Philippines and well it's not giving me any problem in calling a home phone number, just for the cellphone. Kindly help me with this? Thanks so much!
by Anne rate this post as useful

SMS? 2006/2/7 08:40
Anne,
This is probably something you already thought of, but presumably your friend's phone number is actually "090- XXX.."? Some mobile phones have "080-XXX.." numbers, but presumably you have checked this with your friend?
Also, by "SMS", do you mean e-mail to a [name]@ezweb.ne.jp address? If not, I don't think it is possible to send SMS (called "C-mail" by AU) using the phone number unless you both have AU phones.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 5: Posts 21 - 40 of 94
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread