Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 48 of 48
prev
1 2 3

Late Oct- good time to visit Hokkaido?? 2007/8/31 14:37
I'm planning a self-drive trip beginning week of 22 Oct to Hokkaido, can someone advice if this is a good time?
I had planned for this time to include a trip to Tokyo for the motor show... not sure if this is the best way though... appreciate any recommendations!
by fuzzy rate this post as useful

Sorry if I am repeating a query, but ... 2007/9/4 00:31
is there a rainy season in Hokkaido?

If yes: when? and how serious?
by Gumboot rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/5 17:22
Unlike in most of the rest of Japan, Hokkaido has no "rainy season" (tsuyu).

The percentage of sunny days in Sapporo remains almost constant around 50 percent throughout the period from May through August, and the percentage of rainy days remains constant around 25 percent.

This compares to Tokyo, where the percentage of sunny days dramatically decreases from around 50-60 percent in May and August to around 25 percent during the rainy season (mid June to mid July) and the percentage of rainy days increases from around 25-30 percent to around 45 percent during the rainy season.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/5 17:25
Hokkaido does have a "snowy season" during early winter. The percentage of sunny days in Niseko, for example, drops to around 10% in mid December, while the percentage of snowy days approaches 80%.
by Uji rate this post as useful

domo 2007/9/5 21:01
thanks for the information. useful!
by Gumboot rate this post as useful

Visiting Hokkaido 2007/9/6 18:53
Have make 2 trips (each about 2 week) to Hokkaido both during June school holidays season. I would say that June period is very good for self-driving as weather is good and road condition is good too (atleast don't hv to worried about snow!)
by OBC rate this post as useful

Lavender in September? 2008/8/13 18:51
I'm planning to visit Hokaido in end of September. WIll it be any lavender available at that time? ANd will it be spring? When is the best time for lavender?
by Lina rate this post as useful

going to Hokkaido in June 2009 2008/8/14 09:51
Need some advise. I know it is too early but because I need to present this trip to my relatives (we are talking about 12 pax)for next year family trip. We plan to go in June, maybe the 2nd week for about 12 - 14 days. Will there be flowers and fruits picking during that time? Also, which areas should i visit since the time is short and also are there any service apartment where we can stay? Many thanks for your help and advise.
by Janet rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 48 of 48
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread