Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 70
prev
1 2 3 4
next

my wish to be a jrocker.. 2007/9/26 03:53
hiiXD (i'm white, born and raised in england + im female)
i just read this, its my dream to be a jrock singer,
i want to be a band, as a guitarist or singer,
i dont think i'll go far solo,
ive got years to think about it, but i want to know what to do..
do you think its possible?
i know if i make a demo and send to japanese recording companies, i might get somewhere, but where will i find a band?
i know quite a bit of japanese, and my pronounciation is perfect, and im self-taught..
please could you tell me what i could do? what i could do to prepare for when i move to japan? (hopefully)
thankyou so much ^^ x
by moshihino-- rate this post as useful

question 2008/1/14 19:53
hmmm... i'd like to become a jpop singer... but i live in australia... but i'm japanese. i going back to japan soon, however, i wonder if i'll make it to be one! any help?
by hanako rate this post as useful

A shining star 2008/1/24 05:20
All my life I"ve loved to sing and I'm good at it. But the thing was i didn't know what kind of singer i wanted to be until my love for anime grew and i stopped and really listened to the music.
i thought it was beautiful and I immediantly fell in love with it. And that's when I decided i wanted to become if possible the first female african american j-pop singer.
Of course i was afraid to even think about it being black and all because you're expected to act a certain way when you're black. But i wanted the dream so badly i defianatly wasn't gonna give it up. The thing that really made me deicde to go for it was when i read the manga "Full Moon O Sagashite".
It made me realize life is too short to make a mistake you'd live to regret and if i didn't try I'd live to regret it for the rest of my life. When i was born i had a breathing problem but by a miracle it just disappeared. i was lucky if i hadn't have been i would be just like Mitsuki.
I began taking this more seriously: I write sings, play piano, and i'm working on making a demo.
I'm graduating early and i;m taking japanese mext year but i already know some japanese and i catch on very quickly.
If you have any advice or any questions for me just email me at:
sexystardream@yahoo.com
(please don't laugh at my email i made it at 2 in the morning)
by L.A rate this post as useful

To all those J-music star wannabes... 2008/1/24 10:49
To all those people who want to become J-pop/J-rock stars, I suggest you closely evaluate your chances of success. There are thousands of Japanese people who have the same dream as well; what can you offer that Japanese singers can't.

For one, you must learn the language well. There's no success in being able to sing well if you don't even have the language skill (or connections) to negotiate the business deal. Learning the language well will take years. Considering you are asking this question on the Internet, you are probably past the age of being able to learn a language without an accent... not even singers like BoA have completely eliminated their accent.

Secondly, think of how hard it is to become an artist in your own native country. Having the right contacts is more than half the business. In a foreign country, you can't be just better than your peers... you need to be much better to be worth the hassle.
by Jay rate this post as useful

Music Website 2008/2/18 11:24
Well, I do not know whether this will guarantee your jpop music career, but there's a new (free) website that's been announced, http://www.youmusic.jp, where you can connect with other aspiring artists.
by Tim rate this post as useful

Work hard and dream BIG!! 2008/4/13 13:59
Being a singer could be really, really, really difficult. So you have to work really hard for it. Even when things bring you down don't stop believing because those things that makes you depress can actually boost your motivation. It does depend on what singing style you want to sing. for example R&B music may be easier than pop music. I, myself wants to be a singer too. I want to sing in Korean and Japanese and maybe Chinese even if I am not Korean, Japanese, or Chinese. I'm stressing a lot over my voice right now but I'll continue to work hard because I love music so much. And I want people to feel what I sing. So don't give up and work very hard!! (Also if you want to sing in a certain language make sure you can sing it fluently and at least understand what you're singing.)
by CeceliaS rate this post as useful

Keep Believing & You will be successful! 2008/4/15 07:07
Hi, I also dream of becoming a famous singer in Japan even through I'm not Asian I'm Black American. I want to sing in Japanese, Chinese, and maybe Korean. I'm also trying hard by self-studying and enrolling in some Japanese and Chinese classes next year when I go to college. I also practice hard in writing songs, producing music, and gain more control over my voice. I believe race shouldn't matter since race has nothing to do with your talent. Don't believe in what others say that you can't do since they can't tell you what you can't do. Only you can tell yourself what you can do. If you believe you can do it and work hard at it you can be successful. You should go for it since you will never know if you don't try. You should have faith since if you believe in yourself others will believe in you. I also think you should learn about the Japan culture and be fluent in the language so when you get there you will already know what to expect and you can also talk to your fans. I'm trying to learn about the Japan culture too, very interesting.
by kate4578 rate this post as useful

Hi 2008/6/18 02:08
Hi!I have always wanted to be like a jpop singer and add myself with the mix of my music. Does anyone know of some producers in japan that i can send my demo's to?
by MaryAnn rate this post as useful

to MaryAnn 2008/6/24 07:14
You can go to the sites of the record labels.
On most of the sites that I've been to there is an audition section. They are almost always in Japanese though. So you might want to know that audition looks like "ƒI[ƒfƒBƒVƒ‡ƒ“".

The site I usually go to is sonymusic.co.jp/sd. That's their audition site. And I know avex has a site too.

Hope that helped.
by Bree rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/24 15:09
You should practice singing hard.
Good luck!
by kai rate this post as useful

Secret of Music 2008/6/26 01:35
Thanks guy!!!..One good secret about music is that, you have to be positive.
Some good artistes with selling songs are some times rejected by producers and marketers.

MY ADVICE: It is possible to get a producer to arrange and produce your music not just a demo, I mean a master.
Then make promotional copies and send to some FM stations to air for some time, I bet you IF the music becomes accepted like hot cake, The companies who didnt look at your face, will be begging you for a contract.

I tried it in my country and it works and am sure some JP artistes sponsor their master Tapes and got signed up:
Am working on my album secretly in Babados and will remix in Japan to reduce cost..and I bet ya all songs are in japanese....catch ya soon!!!
by Martins rate this post as useful

I want 2 C my name in lights! lol 2008/10/14 07:32
Hi! I to want to become a J/pop singer. I have been singing in Japanese since the 6th grade. I'm in the tenth now. I just started taking it seriously now because I'm going to graduate soon. I know it takes a whole lot of hardwork to be a singer, especially for me because I only speak English and only a little japanese. But I believe that I'm going to make it. I have a beautiful voice and a lot of spunk. Deep down my dream has always been to become a J-pop singer/
by BabyEdoll rate this post as useful

good luck! 2009/2/14 10:59
Good luck to everyone!

If you want to go to Japan fresh out of high school, I suggest going to an American University in Japan and majoring or minoring in Japanese to get a Bachelor's Degree. Maybe double major or as a minor, go into singing/speech/communication/whatever would help you. The Visas that I know of require a Bachelor's Degree, and for entertainer visa is 2 years of experience with a profile. I'm not even in high school, but I'm glad I'm researching in advance.
by Kira (guest) rate this post as useful

It's in the tuning 2009/2/15 11:56
"how can i become a j-pop singer?"

Sing out of tune.
You'll be famous in no time :-)
by Ardie (guest) rate this post as useful

Sony Music 2009/3/28 14:32
Well, the Sony Music Japan International auditions are proabably the best option... I too would love to be J-Pop singer! I'm asian but i don't speak japanese, chinese or korean... but i am trying to learn a little japanese at the moment!
Knowing at least the basic foundations of music would be helpful, even though on the Sony Music Internation audition site it says something like that even if you don't have any musical background you can still apply... I play the violin and piano but i'm not sure if i can actually "sing". Once, i tried recording myself on my phone... *cringe*
by Kokoro no Negai (guest) rate this post as useful

Aussie... 2009/3/28 14:41
Oops, sorry, not intending to be spam but i forgot to mention that i'm also an Aussie...
Oh yeah, i also forgot to mention this, I think that Avex or something like that also does international auditions? Sony Music is the only one i really know about...
by Kokoro no Negai (guest) rate this post as useful

Be Different 2009/3/28 17:18
"how can i become a j-pop singer?"

if you're a girl . . .
singing is not important, being kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! is!

if you're a guy . . .
dress like a girl, get a gay haircut & pretend that you're hetersexual. again your singing is not really important.
by RockOn (guest) rate this post as useful

Jane Z 2009/3/29 07:50
A big pop star from China, Jane Z, is currently trying to become a J-pop star. Good luck to her!
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

BoA 2009/3/31 00:17
...I'd like to say about BoA that she has a huge company (SM ent. & AVEX) behind her, marketing her and helping her to blend in Japanese music industry. I think it's a bit different from for example Leah Dizon or Utada. Of course it takes a lot of work from the artist himself to get popular in another country but it's easier if you already have a company that's marketing you. Like THSK has. They've been topping Oricon last 12 months. With huge help from Avex/SM :D

But yeah, auditions. Avex has international auditions (if I remember correctly) and so does SM ent. though I think SM takes in only Korean-americans and not "whole whites". Not sure about that...
by random (guest) rate this post as useful

re above 2009/3/31 07:02
umm, Utada is Japanese (even though she was born in N.Y.). She's the biggest pop star in Japan.
As for Dizon (American), who was on the point of quitting a few times because of lack of real talent and poor Japanese ability, her music wan't selling well.
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 70
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread