Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 5: Posts 41 - 60 of 94
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

Im still confused 2006/6/16 21:37
I've read every post and i still can figure out how to dial to Japan. This girl gave me her number before she went back to Japan. It was 0 909 XXX XXXX. But ive tried everything and cant get it to work. I NEED HELP
by Jacob rate this post as useful

Size of ringing music.... 2006/6/19 12:38
I want to download music into my AU-KDDI cellphone from pc.But i don't know the size i can be allowed.Any body please tell me that?
And from Canada, what would be the number of my cell phone (080-xxxx-zzzz)?Is it +81-08-xxxx-zzzz?Is it ok?
by merinamana rate this post as useful

Need HELP 2006/8/2 10:44
Hello!
I'm from belgium and I try to call to a japanese friend who lives in Tokyo, but I try everything and it doesn't work!!!I compose 00-81-90-xxxxxx or 00-81-80-xxxxxx... Please someone help me!!!
by Arkose rate this post as useful

It's easy! 2006/8/3 10:18
(1) Numbering systems in Japan are different between cellphones and home phones.
(2) Cellphones: 11 digits. Typically start with 090 or 080.
(3) Home phones: 10 digits.
(4) Every number in Japan starts with zero. But REMOVE that zero when you call from abroad.
(5) Japanese country code is 81. Add it at the head.

Examples:
To call 090-1234-5678 (domestic, cell), dial 81-90-1234-5678 (international)
To call 03-1234-5678 (domestic, home, Tokyo), dial 81-3-1234-5678 (international)

In some cases, you must add another code to make an international call FROM your country. That code depends on phone companies in your country. If you use ATT in US, the additional code is 011 and the entire number you must dial is like,
011-81-90-1234-5678
by EngRish man rate this post as useful

calling FROM japan 2006/8/3 12:21
Can someone help me please? I have a friend in japan using an Au Penck phone, but she can't seem to figure out how to dial out. How can someone in Japan dial a number from Brazil? For example, country code 55, area code 61, my [fiction] cellphone number 8100 0000. please, someone answer as quickly as possible. thanks in advance!
~y3
by Yann rate this post as useful

phone call to Brasil 2006/8/3 14:44
First:The Japanese cell phone provider allows calls outside Japan?
Second: What is your inner-Brazil cell phone number? 618100 0000 or
8100 0000. An inner-Brazil area code make no sense to me for a cell phone.
One and Two checked, your Japanese friend can try to dial:
001-55-8100 0000 or
001-55-618100 0000
if international access 001 does not work try 0041 or 0061.
If all this does not work she needs an other specific pre-number, but this number only her cell phone provider can give her.
by Peter rate this post as useful

7 numbers, possible?! 2006/8/4 09:39
Thank you very much BUT there still a problem, the phone number that i have , had only 7 numbers... (cell phone) is it normal?
by Arkose rate this post as useful

Phone numbers 2006/8/4 10:05
Arkose,

Japanese mobile phone numbers are always 8 digits (after the 080 or 090), so it sounds like you misheard the number or wrote it down incorrectly.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Thanks!! 2006/8/16 02:46
Thanks EngrishMan for your response on 8/3.

That may be the clearest explanation I've ever seen for how the phone numbers in Japan are defined.
by Phil Z rate this post as useful

Calling cards 2006/12/27 12:27
Thank you for your help. I got through on 011 81 90 xxxx xxxx, but one calling card did not work. Another did, but after I used the dial up # from a smaller city than I am in. So some calling cards work; and smaller volume cities impact.
by Brian rate this post as useful

How to call a Japanese Cell Phone 2007/2/8 01:26
Okay, i figured it out...i was trying to call my friend. Her number was 6160-9999 (number changed to protect the innocent...). Her cell number is a Tokyo cell number. To call her frmo the US i had to dial the international dialing code to get out of the US (011), the Country Code for Japan (81), the cell phone identifier (90) NOTE the 0 you are required to use in Japan is not needed, and then the number (6160-9999 in this example.

in short, 011-81-90-6160-9999. hope that helps!!! it took me the better part of the morning and now she is asleep!! :( Oh well, at least i could leave he a message.

Good Luck!
by scott rate this post as useful

sms to a japan cellphone 2007/5/24 15:43
hello, can anyone clarify if it is possible to send a SMS to a japan cell phone from malaysia?
my handphone being a GSM one.
If yes, what number must i input? 90-xxxx-xxxx
by momoko rate this post as useful

japan telepone numbers 2007/6/5 15:07
ok, i have a friend that gave me his number sometime ago, i tried it but i could not get thru, i dont really know what am doing wrong cause i asked a million times if that was his real number and he said yes. It 326-**** that was all he gave me and i think its plus area code, can anyone pls help, cause most people have said they dont know any number like that
by orea rate this post as useful

Phone number 2007/6/5 15:34
Orea,

So the number you have is 326 followed by four digits?
It looks like you need to add the dialling code, which you can look up if you know the town or city in which the person lives.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

To momoko 2007/6/5 23:31
hello, can anyone clarify if it is possible to send a SMS to a japan
cell phone from malaysia?

It depends on what brand the recipient uses. Only NTT DoCoMo FOMA and
SoftBank 3G can send/receive international SMS.

Ask the recipient if he/she is not rejecting SMS. In Japan SMS is seldom used except spam. Many users are rejecting SMS.

If yes, what number must i input? 90-xxxx-xxxx

+8190xxxxxxxx should work. + is an abbreviation of your international
dial prefix, 81 is Japan's country code and 90 is a Japanese cell phone
prefix (note that it may be 80).
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

I have your answer 2007/6/18 09:53
Most japanese cell phone providers blosk PC based emails to stop spam. Here is a way around that.

http://register.chikka.com/index.html

Click on PC-only acount button and follow the instructoins. You will have to download some software, but it will allow you to send messages to a Japanese cell phone from a PC.
by Warren rate this post as useful

Cell Phone Dialing 2007/8/6 05:44
If you are calling from a calling card (in the US) and dialing a Japanese cell phone - the number you will dial is as follows: 011-81-80-xxxx-xxxx (the last 8-digits of the japanese cell phone number). And whoever said that the Japanese rarely use text messaging...you have lost your mind. I lived there for 7 years and I can assure you that C-mail (japanese text messaging) is huge there. Yes, they also email and its cheaper for them to email - but C-mail is extremely common amongst the youth and friend networks. I just dial that set of numbers, given to you above, to verify that they still remain in effect. BINGO, no issues, called from my calling card and got right through to one of my Sensei's. Good luck!
by djp rate this post as useful

Emails to Japanese Cell Phone 2007/8/6 05:51
The Japanese use two basic cellular companies. You can definitely send emails to their cell phones. You simply need to know which company they are using (DoCoMo or AU).

For AU, the domain will end with: @ezweb.ne.jp

For DoCoMo, the domain will end with: @docomo.ne.jp

I send emails almost every day from my gmail account, yahoo account, and work account. The only email domain that has given me any issues, is Hotmail and AOL.

With the AU phones, you can usually send up to six lines of text (on gmail). DoCoMo is a little less. Keep the conversation short and you will not have any issues. Some cell users have not reset their japanese email accounts and their addresses are long as hell. Usually something like: 4dhhs883as200734uufos@ezweb.ne.jp

If you have them reset their account - they can create their own email address. Something like: mitsukosukebe@ezweb.ne.jp

Good Luck!
by djp rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/6 08:51
Text messaging in Japan is based on e-mail. Instead of sending your text message to a phone number, you send them to an e-mail address, which is associated with a cell phone.

There is also regular text messaging, where you send your message to a phone number, however, you can send this type text messages only to cell phones of the same company. C-mail is the name of such messages, which can be sent between AU phones. However, it is not possible to send C-mail to a Docomo or Softbank phone. For that purpose, you would use e-mail.

There are three major cell phone companies in Japan: Docomo, AU (swallowed Tuka) and Softbank (formerly Vodaphone, formerly J-Phone).
by Uji rate this post as useful

phoning from my cell to a landline 2007/8/16 17:53
I want to phone Air Canada's Osaka office and they gave me 0120-048-048. It's supposed to be a toll free number, and I'm calling from my Japanese cell phone. But I can't figure out how to get through or what codes I need to add.
by bunnyliz rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 5: Posts 41 - 60 of 94
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread