Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 4: Posts 61 - 79 of 79
prev
1 2 3 4

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2012/8/12 05:44
thanks so much for the information. Any ideas on how I can ask for a visit to the base? so many memories so long ago.

by Pat Youga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2013/3/7 06:51
I was born on JAB in December 1956, but moved to the States in March of '57. So I don't have any recollection of being there. My biological father was some kind of Tech on bombers.... perhaps somebody out there my know of him... also would like photos of the base back then,if someone has them and is willing to share.
by Jerbier rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2013/4/29 17:24
I was at Johnson AFB from 1957-1961.
We lived in Ichiban Village until our on-base home was ready.
Went to Hilltop and Yukai schools and my older bro went to Johnson High.
I remember my farewell gift from school chums- a honey bucket(unused, of course) signed by all.
by Taffy Schulz nee Sicklesteel (guest) rate this post as useful

Johnson AFB Kids 2013/7/22 05:10
My Dad was the Finance Officer at JAB in 1957 and 1958. I attended 5th grade at Yukai School - Miss Reiman. I remember JAB so well, especially the O Club, the swimming pool, singing in church each Sunday, the Snack Bar that served scallops each Friday night. What wonderful memories!
by Sharon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2013/11/29 20:32
For any of you that's on FaceBook, I have created Johnson Air Base Japan 1945-1977 group. It's for anyone that was stationed or a dependent at Johnson Air Base Japan. Please join us.
by Lincoln Chee (guest) rate this post as useful

Johnson FHA 2013/12/29 01:04
I was a dental officer at the Dental Clinic from 1963-66 and my first two children were born in Japan. First at Johnson, 2nd at Tachikawa. Never knew about this site..great memories.
by Bob Schoenberg (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa air base 2014/6/24 11:37
I just stumbled onto this site. I have been doing some family research and learned that my uncle, Capt. David Darrow Henderson, who was the Commanding Officer of the 43rd Engineer Battalion in 1946, supervised the construction of the runway (the first new concrete runway in Japan) at Irumagawa, Japan. He used Japanese labor and American materials and equipment.
by Tom Rorie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2014/12/30 10:16
I lived at Johnson AFB 1953-56. I was in 3rd to 5th grade. I lived in Hyde Park. I would love to connect to others
by Lois Hathaway Vlad (guest) rate this post as useful

Johnson High All-Classes Reunion 2015 2015/5/11 10:36
Everyone is invited to attend the JHS Reunion in San Diego 15-20 Sep 2015 , contact information: Dave Evans, class of 1973 (760)917-3333. We hope to see all of you in September 2015 at the Crown Plaza in San Diego Ca - Marilyne Sebastian Ayers, class of 1963
by Marilyne Ayers (guest) rate this post as useful

Born in 1960 Johnson Airforce Base 2015/11/18 08:32
Dad was a mechanic and worked on all the airplanes (drones). I was born on base and we lived in Ichiban Village. He was there from 1958-1961. My brother was born in 1961 and later went back on a mission in 1980. He took lots of pictures and said it was really a chance of a lifetime to see it. Heard lots of story's from Dad and have lots of pictures, mostly of the family and countryside. My Dad is Cecil Paxton, if anyone remembers him please email me, ljs.2010@hotmail.com. Thanks!
by Leah Paxton (Shaw) (guest) rate this post as useful

Tokorozawa army brat schools at Johnson 2016/1/2 05:47
Dad was stationed at Tokotozawa USALCJ 1960-63. I attended Yukai 4th grade, Tyre Park 5th grade, and 6th Grade Annex. We had MP's on our buses every day for our trip to and from school. I remember going to a snack shop near the commissary while Mom went grocery shopping. Remember no kids allowed in Commissary then and I think you had to be 10 to get an ID card to go to the snack shop. Thanks for your memories. I do genealogy and can add better 'facts' about my growing up. I totally forgot the name Tyre Park until today. Miss Mikietaught 4th grade and had different color glass frames to match her outfits. I envied that. I remember Farley Acres and Jeff Palmroy from 6th grade Mr. Hicks' class. His wife taught 7th grade. He gave us her spelling words. To this day I can spell all the names of specialty doctors and know what they are. As well as a bunch of other words. I remember M's. Joan Frye taught music at Tyre Park, I think. We did Christmas Concerts. Learned all the traditional Christmas songs. In retrospect it was the best liberal arts education any one could want.
by Cindy Shugars (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2016/8/2 03:39
My dad, Roy B Harrison was a flight engineer based at Johnson AB 1953 to early 1956. I was born there and don't remember anything other than what my parents have told me. We lived in town, not on the base. I am very interested in knowing more about the place of my birth.
by Dean Harrison (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2016/8/4 03:17
by T.C. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2016/11/20 09:37
This is amazing! I was born there in 1959, as well!
by Mary L Germain (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2016/11/22 08:30
I was born at Johnson AFB September 1958. Please post any pics/videos of the area at that time
by L Fouts (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2017/6/27 02:18
I was with Det 4, 4iAD, from 1964-65. Had a BOQ room but was stationed on Chiba Peninsula.
by Robert Kennedy (guest) rate this post as useful

Hyde Park 1963-1964 2017/7/9 07:23
Hi, we moved from Washington Heights in '63 before Olympic Village was built. I went to 7th grade at Johnson Junior High. These posts job my memory! I remember a bunch of kids there by name. Was Ichiban Village off base near the tea paddy? Would love to correspond i you're from my "era" :-)
by Mary Ellen Caffrey (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2019/2/20 09:23
I too was born at Johnson AFB in 1959. I would love to see pictures of how it looked back then. My father was stationed there for several years. My older brother was also born there.
by Patricia McIntyre (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Information on Irumagawa, Saitama 2019/10/2 00:10
Nice to meet you
I am a 50-year-old Japanese who lives near the base, but my father was a barber at Johnson Base.
I played with Americans at Hyde Park and Irumagawa Children's Center in the late 70s
Have you ever played in a children's house with a planetarium?
by nobu (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 4 of 4: Posts 61 - 79 of 79
prev
1 2 3 4

reply to this thread