Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 5: Posts 61 - 80 of 93
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

quite possible 2010/6/25 04:34
I'm half japanese and half caucasian. My paternal grandparents are from Nara. My mom is caucasian of portuguese origens. I'm very asian-a-like, the eyes are dark brown and my hair is pure black, my brother has light brown hair and brown eyes.
Well, he knocked up one girl and when my nephew was born was total caos, because he has blue eyes. My family didn't believe that the baby was my bother's son. The girl's family went to justice and my brother made DNA's analyses and was proved that the blue eyed baby was, indeed, my nephew.
by Diego (guest) rate this post as useful

Anything is possible 2010/7/16 15:41
Basically, there is no definite answer because eye colour is determined by several linked genes and there are myriad possible combinations and alleles. While we obviously see generally dominant characteristics, there are always exceptions. Furthermore, our genes are not definite and interact with their environment, so phenotypes can be differently expressed in different environments- hence physical differences between genetically identical twins.
by Christie (guest) rate this post as useful

halves 2010/8/10 19:40
my baby was just born, half Japanese, half white American, but with blond hair and blue eyes. My wife has ZERO 'white' ancestry in her family tree (which has been meticulously recorded). Its important to note, though, that generally all Japanese are part 'Ainu' (wiki it if you don't know). I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
by neko819 (guest) rate this post as useful

i am a quarter japanese 2010/9/30 10:12
i am a quarter japanese (nearly 75% German with a little bit of Irish) I was born with dark brown hair and deep blue eyes, soon I was blonde with hazel eyes and gradually my hair has become darker just like a lot of little kids. Although I have many of my Japanese grandmothers features, I definently do not have her coloring as my parents put it however my sister is the opposite. she has dark brown hair, brown eyes, and darker skin. I guess you never know what can happen.
by kelsey (guest) rate this post as useful

i have blonde hair blue eye 2011/2/14 09:58
my daughter who is 4 has blue eyes gold blonde hair very white skin whith her mothers cheek bones nose and eyes.My wife can only go back around 250 years but she did say that her mothers grand father had a lighter skin and lite brown eyes. I have been trying to find some pics that are the same as her but can not find. If any body is interested in seeing a pic of her tell me and ill try to work out how to up load.
by peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Peter- pics please! 2011/4/9 08:16
Hey everyone! It's me, the original poster again :) Thanks for keeping this discussion alive! Peter, I would love to see a pic of your daughter if you are willing to post one!

Since the last time I posted, I have married my blond-haired, blue-eyed husband, and we are now expecting our first child in October! I will keep you all posted about the child's appearance and coloring :)

Take care, everyone!
by angela (guest) rate this post as useful

blue eyes Ja[anese 2011/5/10 09:16
Japanese is mixed race..Ainu, Yamato and
kumaso group. They are mixed with
caucasion, south pacific and mongoloid group.

by abe (guest) rate this post as useful

I knew one 2011/5/12 08:02
When I was in school I always met a girl in our sports club. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes and I always thought, that she was a really pretty girl (prettier than the other girls on this school).
When I got to talk to her and also told her about my passion for Japan she suddenly stroke me by telling me that her mother was Japanese!

That time I couldn't believe it (ok, her nose was a proof that she couldn't be 100 % European), because I thought, even half-Japanese kids would have black hair and brown eyes.

But I met her Japanese mother and European father (who is blonder than blonde) and they also showed me photos of her two older brothers.
The funny thing was, that the brothers both looked almost perfectly Japanese. But the kids really were all from the same man ;D

Only the daughter looked perfectly European, except the much smaller and flatter nose.
I now really regret that I never made photos of her ^^;
by Oro (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/5/12 16:34
It's very simple. Eye color doesn't operate on recessive/dominant alleles in the way we used to think. Eye color is determined by a set of genes, and not one. It's NOT codominant, but you can still find color-blending. You don't need any theories about the ancestry of the Japanese or any other people because it's not applicable. Just simple genetics!

source:

I am a molecular biologist, I have brown eyes and my husband has blue eyes. And my two children have very bright, blue eyes.
by sable (guest) rate this post as useful

Light eyed parents, dark eyed offspring 2011/5/15 11:28
Someone asked for an example of two blue eyed parents producing brown eyed offspring?

My parents both have blue eyes (my dad's are actually a mix of mostly blue with a small amount of green) and my siblings and I all have dark eyes (mine and my brother's are mid to dark hazel, my sister's are dark brown)

(and yes we're definately all our father's offspring - the family resemblence is unmistakable)

Both my grandfathers had dark brown almost black eyes and both my grandmothers had blue eyes. At least one of my parents must have passed on genes for dark eyes to their children yet both of them have light eyes.

Another oddity is that all three of us were born with blue eyes and neither mine nor my brother's turned hazel (a mixture of light brown and dark green) until we were around 4 or 5 years of age.

Obviously the model of inheritance of eye colour is over simplified - there are other factors to be taken into account. There's probably an extra gene that scientists haven't really noticed yet playing a large part in the process.
by Luculence (guest) rate this post as useful

i am half japanese and... 2011/5/24 16:46
im half japanese and half european so I have hazel eyes and dark hair. I used to have light brown hair when i was young but it became darker when i got older. I wonder if your eyes change colour as you get older???
by jlia (guest) rate this post as useful

A bit skeptical 2011/6/10 16:57
I've always been curious about this. The west and east have somewhat of a love affair for eachother. Japan, like the UK (where I live) is an archipello (series of islands) that has been countlessly invaded over the centuries and has quite a mixed gene pool as a result. Both are also culturally similar (we both like to drink tea anyway). The sun rises in the East, and sets in the West. Hence of course where Japan's name and flag come from.

However, I'm also somewhat skeptical. I'm full caucasian, with strong northern european descent. The part of england which I live (east anglia) is historically anglo saxon. And the reason I say I'm skeptical is because I'm totally against anything in the way of racial bigotry. I like the whole east and west love affair, but it also spells trouble for racicism. At the end of the day, like the professor says: eye, hair and skin colour comes down to a single factor of the melanin pigment. I don't agree with science that northern europeans (and asians) evolved from blacks as it just gives the white supremists their arguements (there's a more arcane theory that we all, asians included, evolved seperately from prehumans which is much better in my books). I don't know of a single mammal that doesn't come in some varying degree of light, dark or red and I challenge anyone to name me a species of mammal that doesn't have either white, red or black fur or something inbetween. I think the fact of the matter is that we, Humans, had the genes to be 'blonde' or 'redhead' well before we were Human. Hence we have albino Africans.

laurie, 20, england
lauriecarter01 at gmail dot com
by laurie (guest) rate this post as useful

Maybe some genes are sex-linked? 2011/6/16 16:36
Ok Oro you said that the girl had blonde hair and looked more European than her brothers. i think girls tend to get more of the "European/white" genes passed down to them because of the two X chromosomes. But boys only have one, so maybe some genes aren't inherited or is covered up. I know a girl in my class who is probably 1/4th French and 3/4th Vietnamese, but she still looks more "European/white" than her brother does, even more when she was a baby. (We had a writing activity in english where we showed our baby pictures and guessed who it was). Ok well this doesn't really relate to the eye colors much, but it might give some more support to your post.
by rick (guest) rate this post as useful

Interesting bit... 2011/6/18 13:29
This thread fascinates me and I thought I'd throw in a story about my family which may be of interest to some of you. My grandfather had slate grey eyes and my grandmother brown. They had 8 kids altogether and exactly half came out with bright blue eyes (2 of which were identical twins) and the other half dark brown.

Now with that in mind, my mother is one with the brown eyes. She has four kids. 2 of us have brown eyes, my sister has hazel(she was actually born with brown but they changed over the years) and our half-brother has one brown and one blue eye! The interesting thing with him is that his father has brown eyes like our mother. Like it's been said before, it all comes down to the genes.
by Dee (guest) rate this post as useful

mix 2011/6/28 11:13
I am half Japanese, my dad has blonde hair, blue eyes of French and German descent & my mother is from northern Japan, very fair with brown hair and brown eyes. I find it interesting that my older sister has brown hair, med. brown eyes but doesn't look asian. My brother and I have more asian features, brown hair, hazel golden/greenish eyes.

We all have children, one brown/brown and one blonde/blue but all different mixed features. For example, my sister's brown hair/brown eyed son looks asian, the younger blonde/blue doesn't. My older daughter is brown/brown and doesn't look asian but my younger dark blonde/blue eyed daughter has distinct asian features, especially her eyes.
by Emi (guest) rate this post as useful

blonde blue eyes 2011/7/10 17:18
its peter, I have them photos for you Angela, now i think.
by leith rate this post as useful

blonde blue eyes 2011/7/10 17:41
i dont seem to be able to upload the pics

angela but this may help.

chop chop 1965 at hot mail dot com thanks

gray eyes 2011/7/17 21:03
i have a coworker thats full japanese, but she has gray eyes?
at first i thought they were contact but they wernt..
by Ty (guest) rate this post as useful

I'm a blonde half japanese 2011/7/30 12:32
I'm half Japanese and half Caucasian, and was born with (and still have) blonde hair and blue/green eyes. When i was younger (up until about the age of 10) my hair was almost the colour of peroxide blonde - it is now an ashy blonde.

My dad is fair and was ginger when he was younger. His hair colour is now the same as my hair.

My mum, although full Japanese, has hazel eyes.. Though my younger brother has darker eyes and skin than her.

Hoping for the day I meet someone like me!! :)
by Maiko (guest) rate this post as useful

blonde blue eyes 2011/8/1 22:39
if you want to see some body like you My email is chopchop1965 at hotmail dot com
as i would also like to see your pic. i have been looking for a long time with out any luck.

Page 4 of 5: Posts 61 - 80 of 93
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread