Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 5: Posts 61 - 80 of 94
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

0120 2007/8/16 18:06
Bunnyliz,

0120 numbers generally can't be dialled from mobile phones. You will have to call the number from a regular phone or look up the office's contact details on the web to see if they have a regular contact number.

by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

tokyo cell phone 2007/10/2 00:58
hello, i live in Japan, and my family lives in Mexico City, My cell phone number starts with 080-7***, do you know how to call? because they have tried everything and it doesnt work out.
by bk rate this post as useful

Calling mobile phone 2007/10/2 08:56
bk,

do you know how to call?

The normal method should be:
(international dialling code from Mexico) + 81-80-7xxxxxxx

Does this not work?

confuse.. 2007/11/20 07:55
hey i'm come from indonesia. i have a friend from japan. i wnt to call him use my cellphone. i already read ur post before it. but still i cant understand. can u help me.. and my frien's number has 7 digits. ng, is it wrong numbeR? so. please help me to call him from my country, indonesia.
by shirochii rate this post as useful

Ok, got connected but... 2007/12/13 21:46
Like many of us here, I attempted different ways to call a cell no. in japan from US. I finally got what seemed to be a reply after dialing 011-81-803-xxx-xxxx.The actual cell no. starts with 080(soi just dropped the 0). I think it works but then no ring and there's japanese lady voicemail which i cant understand(maybe the phone's off but no prompt to leave messg though)
by Charming07 rate this post as useful

calling a mobile number in Japan 2007/12/22 11:33
A friend gave me his Japapenese cell number 00 49 172 689 4025 how do I dial that from the US?

thanks
by George rate this post as useful

A Wrinkle 2007/12/25 10:56
I've tried calling a (what I think is an AU) cell from America using Skype, following the pattern 011-81-90-xxxx-xxxx, but I get a message that goes by too quickly for me to follow. I read somewhere that there may be another digit after the 90 (011-81-90x-...), which I tried filling in with 1, which connected me to the wrong number. How can I figure out what the x is?
by Jason rate this post as useful

. 2007/12/25 13:59
I read somewhere that there may be another digit after the 90

NO, it doesn't work.

Are you sure you can call the number from your landline or cell phone?
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

smsing to japan cell phone 2007/12/25 15:00
Im sending text msg to my friend's cell phone in japan. Do they need to pay for incoming text messeges? Most of the time i try to keep my msg short, cos I dont know how they actually charge in japanese mobile.

Also, if a person is staying in another country temporily, but still using the mobile from japan, will the charges be more expensive?

Appreciate anybody's answers...thanks!
by Lynn rate this post as useful

Calling to Japan 2008/3/31 18:32
Hello, World. I felt a need to share some of my knowledge - hopefully it works for you.

To Call a Japan LAND LINE you must:
1:Dial your country's international access code(IAC)

2:Dial Japan's country code(CC)

3:Dial the city code (city)

4:Dial the local number (##-####)
it should look something like this:
IAC-CC-CITY-##-####

**specifically for U.S. to Japan: 011-81-0123-45-6789

-------------------------------
Japan's cellular network works a little different. Because just about every Japanese person and their dogs have cell phones, the cellular networks are always growing to provide more numbers for more customers. Currently there are 2 prefixes to call phones. It was initially just one prefix and then an 8 digit subscriber number - but if I had one guess, they probably ran out of numbers with the first so they brought in a second prefix. The two prefixes are 080 and 090. When you are calling the cell number from outside of Japan, you DO NOT DIAL the leading zero so the prefixes are 80 and 90. So to call a cell phone from outside of Japan you must:

1:Dial your country's international access code(IAC)

2:Dial Japan's country code(CC)

3:Dial the subscriber phone number minus the zero (##-####-####)

it should look something like this:
IAC-CC-##-####-####

**specifically for U.S. to Japan:
011-81-80-1234-5678
-OR-
011-81-90-1234-5678

just FYI: the 090 and 080 prefixes are not tied to any particular network - they are assigned numbers by the Ministy of Communications in Japan.

I hope this helps everyone.

Thanks,
Justin
by Justin rate this post as useful

Question... calling japan cell phone 2008/4/25 17:46
was wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to call tokyo japan cell number from another cell phone in dominican republic...

how many digits does japan cell phone usually have?

thanks your help is much appreciated. :)

by jennifer rate this post as useful

... 2008/4/25 18:11
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

cant get through.. 2008/5/3 12:39
i try calling a mobile phone from the u.s. with a calling card.. and i get a lady talking in japanese .. and sometimes it just says your call cannot be completed at this time..

must be like some kind of "your call cannot be completed as this time , please try again later message or something" in japanese.. but im not sure.. it goes too fast for me to understand.. :(

im trying to call using this method

011 81 90 xxxx-xxxx and i get this lady talking..

any ideas??
by antonio rate this post as useful

calling japan cell phone 2008/6/8 14:01
To call a cell phone in Japan from North America all you do is dial 011-81then either 80 or 90 depending on the cell phone number (for instance if your cell number begins with 080 just leave off the first 0)then dial the rest of the number.
by kelly rate this post as useful

calling a cell phone 2008/7/1 09:56
the persons number is 12 digits long, without the added 011+81+the city code.
does this sound correct?
by Kayla rate this post as useful

Mobile phone number 2008/7/1 10:23
Kayla,

the persons number is 12 digits long, without the added 011+81+the city code.
does this sound correct?

As far as I know, Japanese mobile phone numbers are always 8 digits long, prefixed by 070, 080, or 090.

need help calling cell w/ calling card 2008/7/1 12:15
my girl has docomo.

i'm trying to use a phone card.
when it is my time to put in the phone unmber i put

011-81-80-XXXX-XXXX

everytime I do this I get this automated message in japanese, and i dont understand it.

does anyone have any idea what it could be?! its so frustrating!
by chnsx7 rate this post as useful

voice mail 2008/7/1 12:39
are you sure it's not voice mail that you're listening to? The number you entered is correct unless your phone card has a different directions for dialing.
by Dan rate this post as useful

calling japan cell with card 2008/7/1 12:44
i dont know if it's a voicemail, there is no ring, it goes right to an automated message.

my phone card says dial 011+country code +city code+ telephone number

this is frustrating

any other options i have?
by chnsx7 rate this post as useful

Phone message 2008/7/1 12:59
chnsx7,

I get this automated message in japanese, and i dont understand it.
does anyone have any idea what it could be?!

It could be saying that the user has their phone turned off or is in an area with no signal, or it could be saying that the number is no longer in use. Without hearing the message or more details, it's kind of difficult to say which is the case here.

Page 4 of 5: Posts 61 - 80 of 94
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread