Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 6: Posts 61 - 80 of 102
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

party suggestions - the music / cont'd 2007/6/8 22:16
oh yea the "120 years" thing that is actually "with in the last 120 years until now" oppsie! rotflol gomennasai my bad
by Sette Aka Chiclet - i luv Orange Range!! rate this post as useful

I need HELP! 2007/6/12 02:02
Okay people,um, Im turning 13 and i need ideas for my birthday party on the 24th...I lke anime (inuyasha, Naruto, ect....and manga too...) but i want it to be kind of traditional Japanese-ish thing.Were already makeing onigiri, and im not excactly rich right now, so it cant be expensive (or girly). Id like to know what games and other easy recipes of things that i can find in the u.s.
Much appreciated!
()_()
(o.o)
(U U)Say hi to pudgey!
by Pudgey bunny rate this post as useful

Whoops! One More Thing 2007/6/12 06:39
Sorry,if it helps im only inviting 4 girls and 1 of my friends isnt excactly a japan enthusiast, but the others are!and its a sleepover(3:00pm-2:00pm) so i need to know how to entertain them properly...youd be alot of help!
p.s.any links to sites with music, recipies, or origami crane folding printable diagrams would be GREAT!
by Pudgey bunny rate this post as useful

try this 2007/6/14 06:15
Ok!
man I wish I thought of doing that for a b-day party idea...
anyway here is probably what you need:
get some pocky, you can find some in walmart in the foreign foods isle.. It is a great treat
you can try these recipes.. although I have never tried them before.. so i can't tell you how they taste
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/233720?mbid=gbase
you can also do ramen or fish...
I would go with fruits and regular b-day food
only provide chopstick and see how many crazy foods you can eat only using chopsticks..
mix things up a bit just find things that look Japanese to you and put them as decorations(if you are going for cheep) you can make lanterns with popsicle sticks and wax paper and print out Japanese charms and hang them where ever.
Do karaoke! that is always a favorite ^-^ both in and out of Japan.
um.. for other games try going to http://web-japan.org/nipponia/nipponia26/en/topic/index.html
here is instructions on how to make a paper crane http://monkey.org/~aidan/origami/crane/
I usually play go but that could be hard to get a hold of..
try playing video games
you can also just do normal sleep over games... scavenger hunt.. idk..
for music..
go to www.radioblogclub.com
if you become a member you can put together the music you want on there..(save to your favorites) they have lots of good Japanese and other music on there
I suggest Ayumi Hamasaki, Yoshida Brothers, Arashi, NewS, Yamashite Tomohise,w-inds, Utada Hikaru...hyde.. and whatever anime music you like..
try adding in a little of each of your guests interests ...

good luck
~ari4
by ari4 rate this post as useful

Thnx 2007/6/14 12:03
Oh my gawd, Thank you sooo much! That helps alot! Now i think i knda know what Im doing!

()_()
(o.o)
(U U)
by Pudgeybunny rate this post as useful

All 2007/6/18 11:30
Im going to do a japanese theme as well for my 14th birthday since iv'e been in love with the culture after watching the anime Naruto( in japanese of course not american) i also like to watch deathnote but thats not the point
i need help with finding actuall stuff to put in gift bags and maybe activites im fine with the food but i want to buy actual gifts and i can't find any kimonos to my liking(black and red is my favorite) does anyone know sum sites.Me and my best friend both love the modern/traditional nihongo(sp?) but we just can't find anything, all i found were headbands and for music i would sugest
Utada Hikaru
Hearts grow-Yura Yura
Asian kun fu generation-the fight
and some others
pleases and thank yous
by Reicheru rate this post as useful

help 2007/6/19 00:42
ok so i like love the japaneese culture and decor and i am planning my 17th birthday witch is in a month and i really don't know what to do and my theeme is japanese and i want it to look good because my boyfriend and his family will be there and he is japanese so please i really need help on what to do.

Thanks,
amanda
Aka
takari
by amanda rate this post as useful

... 2007/6/23 01:41
One thing everyone who wants yukata and kimono at their party...

Kimono is very expensive! Especially if you're looking at authentic ones. Yukata is probably a better idea, and I'm sure you could find some cheaper ones.
by Emily rate this post as useful

Anime lover's party 2007/6/27 01:06
My daughter is turning 15 next month and we are planning a manga party for her. My daughter loves to draw manga and she has several sketch books filled with her drawings. I purchased blank post cards and envelopes at Staples. I then scanned one of her original drawings onto my computer and printed it onto the invitations. I then chose three of her drawings she posted on deviantart.com and had a local kinkos blow them up to life size. I glued them on to poster board and cut them out to decorate the party room. Another drawing will be replicated on her cake as well as on homemade bookmarks which will be placed in the gift bag of each guest, along with a small sketch pad and drawing pencil. Not only will her party decorations reflect her interest, but will showcase her talent!

by Ruth rate this post as useful

recipes for anime themed snacks 2007/6/30 14:03
Candy sushi
Ingredients:
12 fruit roll ups
4 half cup Rice Krispies
34 Marshmallows
3 fourths cup Butter
12 gummy worms

1. Microwave butter and marshmallows in a bowl for at least 30 seconds. After it is completely melted stir.
2. Stir in rice krispies
3. open each fruit roll up, keep wrapper on the bottom
4. Measure out 1 third cup of rice krispies mixture, spread over fruit roll up
5. Place a line of gummy worms along the middle
6. Roll into a tube (sushi roll it)
7. Cut the tube into equal pieces
8. Repeat

Calcifer* Pudding
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 package red food coloring
1 cups milk
2 large marshmallows

1. Make the pudding in a large bowl according to the directions on the package except only use 1 cups of milk
2. Fold in the whip topping and gently mix till it is all blended
3 stick in 2 marshmallows for cal's eyes, stick a chocolate chip on each for his pupils

POCKY!!!!!!! (always a favorite)

* from howl's moving castle (Diana Wynne Jones, Hayao Miyazaki)
by Mei rate this post as useful

this is great! 2007/7/11 17:55
hey! this is a really cool site. i am gonna have a japanese party for my birthday, at first I wasn't going to but now I really want to. Just a question what is poky? (i think its a food) also would you know the sumo wrestler blow up suit game be appropriate?
by me rate this post as useful

its way to early but... 2007/7/12 23:23
look, im a fresh start for everything and i'm already thinkin bout how im goin to do my sweet 16 when i'm jus 14. sad i kow but i lik jump starts. i want to have a japanese thing and have anime envovled. i want to do cosplay, costume contest, and all that. thing is i know ppl who would do it then i know ppl who would probably come and be like "wat the..."? i dont want anybody to feel odd or akward so how can i work that out. also my b-day is in december. any info on who to arrange it, activities, and all that would be so great.
Arigato!
Anna-chan =^.^=
by Anna-chan rate this post as useful

anna chan 2007/7/14 15:32
some ideas for your 16th can be to do some basic origami (trust me guests will feel so excited when they see what they have made), also why not rent a sumo wrestling set from a party supplier?, have yummy japanese food and maybe base it on cherry blossoms or something. maybe even watch a japanese movie either a recent one (memoirs of a geisha) or perhaps an anime one (spireted away) or anything set in japan. Try some callighraphy or figure out what your friends names are in japanese and they can practise writing them. it could also be fun to give each other japanese style makeovers (chop sticks through hair in bun, make skin pale with powder, red lips etc.) have fun planning!
by origami girl rate this post as useful

origami 2007/7/14 21:23
there's a really cool web-site for origami which gives animated instructions:
www.origami-club.com

by sensei rate this post as useful

music 2007/7/16 11:02
I 12 And I live in japanese.
some cool artist are

1 chieko kawabe
2 puffy amiyumi
3Ayumi Hamasaki
4 BOA
5 also like 12 girl band

there a ton more but I have to go to school

Ps sorry about my spelling I just started spelling in english this year.
by japan rate this post as useful

colths 2007/7/16 11:09
I 12 years-old and live in japan. We don't were old still clothes every day
A good style clothes to wear to the party is harajuku my and my friend go to harajuku every sunday ( your saturday)

sorry about my spelling not that good at writing english.

by ayumi rate this post as useful

cloth and food 2007/7/19 11:30
Hi ! Hey you are right Ayumi, harayuku is a great place to buy cloth, is full of great fashion isnLt?
But what about where to buy good food? someone know a good restaurant? Im new in Japan (im on vacations here), i dont know any place where i can eat japanese fried food.... i like japanese food but only if it is fried. What recomended me? im tired to eat just korokes and mochi :-(.

by Kaminari rate this post as useful

where to go 2007/7/20 12:40
I am having a Japanese birthday party I am turning 10 and I live in Alaska where there is no Japanese stuff. I tried looking on line but there is nothing on line. My party is in less than a month!!!!!
by Alicia rate this post as useful

Here what you should do 2007/7/22 02:00
Go sing with your freinds on Karoke
by Alex H. rate this post as useful

alicia 2007/7/23 02:56
well first off its cool that you live in alaska. i went on vacation there a month ago. anyways.

decorations: origami always looks cute on the tables. basic paper cranes are lways good. paper lanterns hanging up look good too. it helps if you pick a color theme and go from there. also. place mats are cute too. you could go to a local fabric store and buy some felt sheets (80 cents each) in the colors to match your theme ( say all purple and baby blue) use the purple for the placemat and baby blue for the edges and some japanese characters (letters/ sayings) on the placemat.

food: sushi. buy it or make it. try califonia rolls (shrimp or crab with vegetables) and vegetable rolls. rice. and maybe a vegetable stirfry. fortune cookies would be cute too. for dessert a dessert sushi would be good. look up a jelly roll. its just cake and jelly or pudding or frostiing rolled up into a "log" and then slices of pieces. it looks like sushi. you could always go to target or walmart and find paperplates or plastic plates that match your color theme. (walmart is prolly best choice. lots of color choices for glasses plates and bowls)

party favors: takeout boxes! michaels craft store and joann fabrics (if you have them) have cute takeout boxes. if you dont have those stores go to a local asian rastaurant and see if you can buy some off of them. fill these boxes with goodies ( a baggie with small homemade almond cookies, fortune cookie, chinese fingertrap toy, and maybe a cute little printoff of directions on how to make an origami crane.

try oriental trading company. theyre online. lots of chinese/ asian stuff. but no specific japanes stuff.

do u live in anchorage? have you ever been to the "mooses tooth"? best pizza ive ever had in my whole life!

lol. if any questions email me at drkblustang2001@yahoo.com
by kaitlin rate this post as useful

Page 4 of 6: Posts 61 - 80 of 102
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread