Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 5 of 5: Posts 81 - 84 of 84
prev
1 2 3 4 5

places for naturally curly hair in Nagano ken 2011/11/1 15:05
Hello all! So I've lived in Japan about 2 yrs and have always kept my hair natural. I did experiment almost a year ago and got a light relaxer in Japan (a really great place called 'A Cut Above - www.above.co.jp) but it's very far and it's a bit too pricey for me to go back and get a touch up. My new growth is slightly obvious (very obvious to me, but others don't seem to notice). Anyways, I need help with my hair. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knows of a hair salon in Nagano prefecture that can do natural hair and speak english....explaining in Japanese may be dangerous for me :P I especially need someone with knowledge on how to cut curly hair so it lays nicely (because I unfortunately don't know how it's supposed to look until after something is done to it). Or if you know of someone who can do slight relaxers - I didn't straighten my hair, just relaxed the curl to waves.

Thanks!
by b-chan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: African hair in Japan 2011/11/26 09:20
I totally agree with blackkinu, Kiyoko-san at Nepenji in Ebisu is amazing!! I went there a few weeks ago because I read about her on this forum and she really knows how to handle curly hair!!

http://www.nepenji.net/index_en.html
by erin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: African hair in Japan 2011/11/28 02:10
Hi all, I know where I want to have my hair done, I do my own rollersets/etc. (I'm on Long Hair Care Forum!) but does anyone know if ...

1. You can buy a hooded dryer in Japan or at Sally's in Japan? I tried searching on amazon but I didn't know what they would be called.

2. If you can get a rollerset? I see women on J-tv getting rollersets and I see something in the menus for hair salons that do foreign hair that says "set" -- is that the same thing? Where I live in the UK people tend do to blow dry and flat iron.
by MN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: African hair in Japan 2012/8/9 16:31
Oh boy, glad i found this forum. I've also just moved to Japan, currently based in Nagasaki. I'm a brother who's desperately looking for someone to plait my hair. I was told that a city in Nagasaki called Sasebo would be a perfect place to start looking, cos there's a US Military base there, and a lot of African American families live there.
by mojalefa (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 5 of 5: Posts 81 - 84 of 84
prev
1 2 3 4 5

reply to this thread