Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 6 of 6: Posts 101 - 117 of 117
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6

email 2010/3/12 13:03
(Envelope Symbol) xxx@ezweb..ne.jp
(Ketai Symbol) 090-xxx-xxxx
(Not sure what the 3rd symbol she drew is, looks like a notebook computer) xxxx@yahoo.ne.jp

Would the first one be the phone-to-phone only email? (I gather it is an AU phone mail address)

No, it is her phone email address but it is not just phone to phone. You can send mail to that account like any regular email account. The only difference is that she will access it from her phone, so try to avoid lots of markup, strange formatting, and large pics as they just increase the cost to receive and complicate readability on the small cellphone screens. FYI, not sure if its a typo but it should be xxx@ezweb.ne.jp

But an email from my PC to the 3rd address bounced back, should I take that as a typo (maybe she meant xxx@yahoo.co.jp?) or is yahoo.ne.jp a mobile phone network email address?

Yes, it is a typo. yahoo.ne.jp doesn't exist. It should be yahoo.co.jp. The notebook computer email indicates PC mail.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

re: new to getting contacts in Japan 2010/3/13 13:26
yllwsmrf: Thank you very much!
by Josh (guest) rate this post as useful

same problem with PC, not phone 2010/3/25 18:21
-tried entering the address manually, not replying or copy-pasting.
-tried a different e-mail provider.

no luck
by purcitron rate this post as useful

pc mail 2010/3/25 18:25
As mentioned before on this thread, Japanese cell phone addresses can be set to block email sent from PC addresses as a measure towards blocking spam. There is no way around the filter except for the recipient to change their privacy settings.

it is possible! 2010/6/10 21:00
http://mixi.jp/add_friend_mail.pl

Try to send a message to your friend from Mixi(but you need to be a member ofMixi)
here you can send a message to KEITAI-Mail.

if you are not Mixi member and you need invitation. plz send me an mail...
by miya (guest) rate this post as useful

cannot Send email to docom 2010/6/11 13:06
why I can't send email to this address
xxxx@docomo.ne.jp
by wibowo (guest) rate this post as useful

xxx..xxx@docomo.ne.jp mail 2010/6/19 22:55
well i dont know this will work for others or not.. i can email my friend at xxx..xxx@docomo.ne.jp using gmail in mozilla thunderbird..

It allows me to send mail with picture and video too..

I hope it will works for u guys too..

Best regards..
by iqbal arrunuri (guest) rate this post as useful

Problems with @disney.ne.jp 2010/6/29 07:51
Hello,
A week ago I was in Japan and I met a girl with whom we exchanged e-mail addresses. Her email address is xxxx@disney.ne.jp , the xxxx is just letters, numbers, and the underline. No dots.
My e-mail address uses a private domain through gmail. While I was in Japan I was connected at the hotel and we were able to send/receive e-mails. Ever since I left Japan I haven't received any other e-mail from her. I have sent a couple of e-mails but never got a response. I never received any delivery failed messages.
Based on the last e-mails I received from her, I don't see any reason why she would ditch me. So I'm starting to think it has to do with $%#!@ paranoid Japanese e-mail providers blocking foreign addresses.
Is it possible? Thanks.
by popcalent rate this post as useful

Conflict 2010/8/6 05:09
There could be a conflict in coding. I know that the US ASCII does seem to have an issue changing into the JIS coding format required for Japanese characters. Can't say for sure if this is the issue, but I am having an e-mail problem as well and I know the e-mail address I have is valid, but it is still coming back to me.
by Shawn (guest) rate this post as useful

email problems 2010/8/6 08:59
Popcalent,

So I'm starting to think it has to do with $%#!@ paranoid Japanese e-mail providers blocking foreign addresses.
Is it possible?

If the provider was blocking your mail you'd get a failed delivery notice.

Shawn,

There could be a conflict in coding. I know that the US ASCII does seem to have an issue changing into the JIS coding format required for Japanese characters.

Probably not. Japanese email addresses are encoded in ASCII so there shouldn't be a conflict. More likely your mail is being rejected due to default privacy settings.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Help ! Mail Problems 2010/10/6 00:52
i trying to reply to this friend with address ___@wm.pdx.ne.jp

I read through the other pages that Gmail mails could actually be sent over to their keitai mail address.

My friend had sent from his keitai to my gmail account and i used it to reply.
So far there is no error message/any mails bounced back from gmail but there was no reply from my friend.

I wondered if my reply was successfully sent through....

I typed everything in Japanese. Is there a way to check if the encoding is right or ??
by Lisaz rate this post as useful

wow 2010/12/6 02:42
wow, i didn't know there is such a topic on forum.

i want to enquiry on whether the email: xxx@ezweb.ne.jp comes with the phone?
meaning when the phone is bought, the email comes with it.

and does it also mean if the phone is no longer in use/ cancelled, the xxx@ezweb.ne.jp still stays?

my friend told me that the xxx@ezweb.ne.jp is her phone email address. but recently i got a 'delivery notification failure' from my hotmail.

i was wondering what could be the reasons.. besides probably her default phone block foreign IP address..

Thanks!
by juzsmilez rate this post as useful

email address 2010/12/6 10:09
i want to enquiry on whether the email: xxx@ezweb.ne.jp comes with the phone?
meaning when the phone is bought, the email comes with it.

Yes, an email address comes with the phone and is tied to the account. In this case their carrier is AU. Also, the XXX part of the address is chosen by the user and can be changed as often as they like.

and does it also mean if the phone is no longer in use/ cancelled, the xxx@ezweb.ne.jp still stays?

No, when you cancel the account you lose the email address. You can change phones within the same carrier and retain the email address though.

my friend told me that the xxx@ezweb.ne.jp is her phone email address. but recently i got a 'delivery notification failure' from my hotmail.

i was wondering what could be the reasons.. besides probably her default phone block foreign IP address..

Most likely, she changed her email address. Some people tend to change their addresses often so this is a common problem. Other reasons could include her account being set to block computer based email addresses or that she canceled her account with AU.

Setting 2011/1/18 03:17
Japanese cell phones can block emails from pc.
It's possible to set to accept specific addresses so you need to ask your friend to do so.
by Akira (guest) rate this post as useful

I did it! 2011/3/24 13:26
I've been trying to send mail to my docomo keitai for the last ten minutes to solve this problem and i've done it!

the owner of the keitai needs to change the spam mail settings and select which type of domains they want to receive from.
by IC (guest) rate this post as useful

THE EXACT ERROR 2011/5/31 02:24
Below is the exact message you get back immediately when trying to contact the docomo.ne.jp email. I am trying to REPLY back to the message that the person is sending me, but can't. I am using PLAIN TEXT (Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-2022-JP) format as well, and am sending from CANADA.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

usernamewithnodots@docomo.ne.jp

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Unknown user usernamewithnodots@docomo.ne.jp (state 18)
by E (guest) rate this post as useful

so, what about voice mail? 2011/6/5 03:18
In addition to the HP email woes (which up till today i still cant contact my japanese friend omg..)..

i tried to call her directly. i called many times but it always ended up in her 'voice mail'.. (or i guess so) when the 'ringing tone' ends..

my question is: do all japanese cell phones comes with a default voice mail? or, that the user have to request to their provider to obtain one?

i am just so baffled.. because for the past 10 months, i couldnt contact her. i tried many ways, but just there's simply no reply at all...
by juzsmilez rate this post as useful

Page 6 of 6: Posts 101 - 117 of 117
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6

reply to this thread