Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Could I go over the swimming zone? 2024/5/4 00:26
Hi there! I have a question!

I already got some kerama islands such as Aka island, Zamami island. Those were good enough!, but the only a little thing couldn't fulfilled my heart.
It was we were restricted by the swimming zone at the beach.
I found it if I go just a bit farther more over the swimming zone, new world is coming!

We have an instructor level free-diver(PADI Instructor), and other 2 people has also free-diving certificate(PADI level2), then could we go over the swimming zone after tell this to the security at the beach? (I'm not saying protected zone)
or tour is the only option?

Thanks!
by owen (guest)  

Re: Could I go over the swimming zone? 2024/5/4 17:39
Ifm not fully familiar with the different certification levels, but no matter how skilled you are at diving, that doesnft mean you know the currents and dangers in THAT particular portion of the ocean around the islands. The locals know that well, and have decided on those zones, havenft they? I hope youfd respect that.

On a different note, have you looked into different diving spots (youfd go out on a boat guided by a planner/operator) rather than starting from beaches (which tend to be for swimming and snorkeling)?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Could I go over the swimming zone? 2024/5/4 17:45
I found it if you go just a bit farther more over the swimming zone, you're likely to end up in the the "underworld" if not having a lot of our taxes spent to save you.

I'm sure that if you have instructor level licenses, you know that you can't always read the current in a zone you don't know well. Perhaps you can try to hire a guide that can take you to zones that are not for amateurs but okay for expert swimmers. But you can't go over the swimming zone by yourselves just by telling it to the security at the beach.

Please keep in mind that every sea is different, and that lives need to be saved.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Could I go over the swimming zone? 2024/5/4 20:22
Oh, goodie. Slipping in just before I submitted mine, AK seems to feel the same in her post.

Re: Could I go over the swimming zone? 2024/5/4 21:48
Ah! At first I didn't mean to be offended, if it sounds like that, please understand me.

Our peer who has instructor certification had been living in Isigaki and ofc dove there few times a week (near Okinawa that I'm asking for, but he is living in Fukuoka for work) so I thought he knows the environments and dangers that we should be watch out.
and we love to go freely in time scheduling and decided where to investigate.

tho, I understood what you guys mean well!
then we're going to find some tour involved in freediving or skindiving :)

Thanks for answers both of you to making sure us to decide how do we do.
by owen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Could I go over the swimming zone? 2024/5/5 16:28
Okay, just want you to be safe in every way.

reply to this thread