Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tokyo Wide Pass - Confused 2024/5/1 02:30
Hi, I'm planning to head to hitachi seaside park on May 6, Ashikaga flower park May 7, Kawaguchiko May 8. I tried reading up on the various transit lines to these locations, but I'm getting confused. Can someone please confirm if the 3-day Tokyo wide pass will cover travel to these three areas?

Right now, the 3-day pass is 15,000 yen. I looked up getting to hitachi, which most people said would be easiest to take the limited express train from tokyo station to katsuta then bus from there. But the reserved seat for the limited express train round-trip is already 12,000. Would be much more cost-effective to get the pass in this case. But I don't know how the route will be or if the pass even covers it. Please assist; really appreciate it.
by Joyce (guest)  

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - Confused 2024/5/1 13:11
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - Confused 2024/5/1 13:15
Presumably, you want to see the nemophila at Hitachi Seaside Park, wisteria at Ashikaga, and shibazakura at the Fuji 5 Lakes. The last one will likely be OK, but have you checked the blooming at the other 2? I had to go to the Hitachi Seaside Park twice to see the flowers in full bloom.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - Confused 2024/5/1 16:48
Tokyo to Katsuta is only 3,890 yen one way for a reserved seat (8k return). No transfers.
Hitachi is a lot further - way past the park.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - Confused 2024/5/2 01:44
Am I looking at the wrong spot? Tokyo to Katsuta is 6120 one-way?

https://japantravel.navitime.com/en/booking/jr/search/?departure=00006...
by JK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - Confused 2024/5/2 02:28
That link you have shown is for a third party booking service.

Try JR East route search on this page https://www.jreast.co.jp/multi/en/
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - Confused 2024/5/2 09:14
Using Navitime shows the price on each route (which is what I use). You have then gone to another third-party price gouging site that charges big fees for something you can do yourself.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Wide Pass - Confused 2024/5/3 20:56
Thank you! Didn't realize it was a third party site. If you were to reserve a bus/train, which website would you normally use? I'll also be heading to Takayama and Kanazawa area after.
by JK (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread