Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Animate in Ikebukuro 2013/3/18 21:27
Hi everybody!

I'm going to Tokyo this summer and last times I visited it I used to go to Animate located in Ikebukuro, but I heard that that Animate is about cosplay items now...so all the stuff about BL games and so on located in that Animate is gone? :S did they moved to anywhere else?

any help will be greatly appreciated!
by Tania7  

Re: Animate in Ikebukuro 2013/3/19 14:17
Animate has opened a new main store closer to Ikebukuro station.

http://www.animate.co.jp/shop/shop_east/ikebukuro/

The old location has been renamed Animate Sunshine. In addition to the cosplay shop, the building is used for exhibitions and events etc.
by kasasagi rate this post as useful

Re: Animate in Ikebukuro 2013/3/19 21:52
Thank you so much for the answer! :) I'll look for it when I'm in Tokyo, and I hope it will be similar to the older one in Otome road!
by Tania7 rate this post as useful

Re: Animate in Ikebukuro 2013/3/23 22:36
The new Animate in Ikebukuro (2 blocks off Sunshine 60-dori) is now 9 floors high. It's definitely much roomier, you don't have to squeeze past people and there are lifts (but often packed).

It's on your way from the station towards Sunshine City off a side street on your left from Sunshine 60 dori.

Also, the old Animate (on Otome Road) actually has a few floors of exhibition area not fully dedicated to cosplay so if you have the time, it's worth checking out the upper floors of that shop too.
by mew (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread