Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy cheap single speed bike in Tokyo 2013/3/20 14:15
Hi guys!

I arrived to Tokyo a week ago wnd will be staying here for half a year. I am constantly dreaming about a nice fised gear/single speed bike. The problem is that after some searching of forums, web etc. I cannot find any information on where to buy this kind of a bike. Of course it can be a used one, but I only found info about buying used or recycled mamacharis and I would want a classic fixie. People are ofren saying it's possible to get one for around 40000-50000yen but - WHERE? :-)

kuboski
by kuboski (guest)  

Re: Where to buy cheap single speed bike in Tokyo 2013/3/22 10:13
You can get them for much less than that.
Lots of Aeons have bike shops. I think there's a big Don quiohote in Tokyo that does too.
by takeda's ghost (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy cheap single speed bike in Tokyo 2013/7/31 22:55
Im pretty much the same, looking to buy a second hand bike but finding it super hard to find something...

I figured all the webpages people use to advertise their bikes are in japanese, so we cant google it... I know there is a japanese ebay but nfi how to use it.

Some bikes pop up on craigslist and when they do they sell pretty fast (good to know when you want to on-sell your bike when you're done with it)

if you do google second hand bikes in tokyo,
Recycle Garden Yoyogi and Suginami-ku Silver Jinzai Center (Suginami Green Cycle) pop up, but i havent been to them yet... and quite frankly the pictures dont fill me with encouragement of finding a decent ride there anyway...

by arec rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy cheap single speed bike in Tokyo 2013/8/2 13:14
I figured all the webpages people use to advertise their bikes are in Japanese, so we cant google it..

try Google translate to understand what they wrote
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread