Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Strange Online Dating Phenomenon? 2013/4/12 07:08
I am on a couple of dating sites, including Japan Cupid. I noticed quite a few dating profile pics from Japanese men in Japan with them looking right at the camera and eating something. Noodles, sandwiches, pudding. Like actually putting it in their mouth and looking right at the camera. These are not sexy pics at all, not like "Oh, look how hot I am with my mouth open." These are normal looking guys that seem to think this is the kind of picture that will create interest. Not sure if it's meant to be funny? So odd! Anyone know why this is the new rage?
by JMidnight (guest)  

Re: Strange Online Dating Phenomenon? 2013/4/12 11:48
I have no idea about that but it seems funny. My japanese bf likes to pose with a right thumbs-up which I'm like oh no, not again. So I tell him can you just take a "normal" pic with no hands/fingers up. He said Japanese like to pose like that. So I'm like ok whatever. Lol.
by bebegurl rate this post as useful

Re: Strange Online Dating Phenomenon? 2013/4/15 01:03
cultural difference, get used to it or date guys from a country that doesn't have a habit of キメ顔
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Strange Online Dating Phenomenon? 2013/4/18 18:12
Hi winterwolf

What does キメ顔 (ki me ...) mean?
by bebegurl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Strange Online Dating Phenomenon? 2013/4/18 20:37

I would say that キメ in キメ顔 would come from the verb 決める (kimeru), that is in English to decide / to choose and to clinch (a win).

So... キメ顔 would translate into "chosen look" or "victory pose". So everyday pose to "look good" for a picture would be キメ顔.
...but after doing something great or winning a game you might want to do a ガッツポーズ.
;D
by kodama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread