Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is the significance of a mizuhiki 2013/4/30 16:37
Recently I received a 'mizuhiki' from my Japanese friend. She had mailed it to me from Japan. It is just a 'mizuhiki' & nothing else; no envelope. I wonder what does this mean. Does this mean she treasures our friendship & hope our friendship will continue? Or does it mean she thinks I kind of lack ''en'' & so she gave me this as good luck for human relations?
by nana (guest)  

Re: What is the significance of a mizuhiki 2013/4/30 18:31
I cannot imagine that anyone would use "mizuhiki" to announce cutting off friendship/relationship :( Are you the same nana who asked about wedding gift customs?

If so, has it been some time already since she sent you the money gift/the wedding itself?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: What is the significance of a mizuhiki 2013/5/2 15:43
She sent me that mizuhiki a few years after she attended my wedding, so I do not think it has anything to do with the wedding.
Erm... Maybe she thinks that with my personality flaws, I will not have many friends, so that's why she gave it to me? I am just guessing. Anyway is it a good thing or bad thing to receive one? That's what I want to know MOST.
by nana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is the significance of a mizuhiki 2013/5/9 18:27
I doubt that she sent it to you with any bad intent, but why not write her a letter and see what she says?
by Harimogura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is the significance of a mizuhiki 2013/5/14 12:28
Ya I did that but unfortunately she did not reply... now this is so baffling...

Re: What is the significance of a mizuhiki 2013/5/14 15:44
To tell the truth, I doubt that it's mizuhiki.
Although I can't guess what's that.
Can you upload a pictures of that?
Sorry, I intended no offense.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: What is the significance of a mizuhiki 2013/5/15 15:29
hi ajapanese boy,

I do think it is a mizuhiki because I have seen it used to decorate ceremonial envelopes. Unfortunately I do not have a blog or anything like that, so I am unable to upload it for you to see...

reply to this thread