Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to write an email to your host family 2013/5/2 21:45
I need to write a formal email to a Japanese family that i have visited. I have to thank them for the wonderful time i had and let them know what i thought of the culture, food, and activiteies there. Any advice would be appreiated.
by David (guest)  

Re: How to write an email to your host family 2013/5/2 22:27
You seem to have a pretty good guideline on what you are supposed to write about :) I don't know if you are supposed to write in Japanese or in English, but you've got to try it out yourself, it is your letter of thank-you.

Stay polite, stay honest, thank them :)

If you need to write in Japanese (I don't know if you are fine with the language), you can use roma-ji (romanized Japanese writing), stay with polite speech throughout.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How to write an email to your host family 2013/5/3 17:25
If you're going to write in romaji/kana make sure to use easy sentences. It's a real drag to read long sentences without kanji.
by Carlove rate this post as useful

Re: How to write an email to your host family 2013/5/10 00:29
「お世話になりした。」"Osewa ni narimashita."
is a very good expression to use in this case. It means something like "I am indebted to you." or implies that you are incredibly thankful (e.g. for letting you stay with them, etc.)

Good luck!
by Karen Y rate this post as useful

reply to this thread