Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/15 11:06
I bought a new bikini swimsuit about a week ago and paid a lot of money for it. Recently, though, I found out my measurements were wrong (too big) and now I feel the suit may be too big on me. I already took the tags off it but it has never been worn (just sitting in my closet). I still have the receipt. Do you think they will let me exchange it for a smaller size? Normally, I would just cave and buy a new one, but I paid so much for this one and spending that money again just for size seems like too much of a waste.
by K (guest)  

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/15 11:23
You can only try. If you have the receipt, all the tags (though removed), preferably the original packaging, and of course the protective film (if there was one) intact, there is a chance.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/15 21:44
Hmmm... Well, sadly I don't have the tags anymore (I just threw them out with yesterday's garbage). I might just try going to the store to ask, it won't hurt. If not, I can still wear it, I'll just have to tighten it up a bit.
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/20 11:12
I just wanted to provide an update on my return. I was able to exchange the swimsuit for a smaller size at the store, but I was definitely NOT expecting to be able to and I was willing to shell out the money to buy a whole new one if it came to that. This is 100% YMMV, but it never hurts to try. I guess I just got lucky and I am eternally grateful for it.

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/20 22:52
For those of us still stuck in the 20th century, what does YMMV mean?
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/20 23:49
YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary.

It has the meaning of, "you might have a different experience (than me)"

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/21 05:52
definitely unexpected - most shops will never let you return swimsuits or underwear under any circumstances, even with the receipt and tags.

lucky!
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/21 09:02
Return is just a loss for shop, different from exchange.
Exchange still brings shop a profit.
So exchange is not so hard, but return.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/22 03:57
return can also mean exchange in english
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/22 08:26
@winterwolf Oh, thank you for teaching...
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/5/22 18:55
To me, "return" would mean take back. Just that. Nothing more. It wouldn't mean "take back, and also exchange".

"Return" and "exchange" definitely have two distinct meanings. Over here (the UK), I've never come across a situation where people would use "return" to mean "exchange".
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/6/10 20:27
We also say return in The Netherlands. But only when you THINK the shop won't accept the returned item.(Which is similar to this case)

Exchange is when we return the item back to the store/owner and expect it to be accepted/exchanged by the owner.

In this case she didn't expect here biki to be exchanged and went to return it in the hope of exchanging the bikini, but wasn't really sure about the possibilities.Or something..
by TsukiShia rate this post as useful

Re: Swimsuit Returns 2013/6/11 02:18
The beauties of language ;0)
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread