Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy cheap yukata for kids at Osaka? 2013/5/16 09:18
Where to buy cheap yukata for kids at Osaka?
by kenixfun  

Re: Where to buy cheap yukata for kids at Osaka? 2013/5/16 14:06
In conclusion, it's almost impossible to find cheap Yukata in this season.
We, Japanese usually start to wear Yukata on July or August when we go to some kinds of festival.
So if it's June or July, some shops sell Yukata which is not so expensive, but now it's still mid-May.
I think some big departments are selling Yukata today, but a little expensive. If you wannna try, you should go to big city in Osaka like Nanba(難波) or Umeda(梅田).
by Japanese (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy cheap yukata for kids at Osaka? 2013/5/17 08:37
Thank you for the reply. Say if am only travelling to Osaka after the festival, will the price be lower since its off-season ? What is the average lowest price I can get for a yukata for kid age 2-3 years ? Aside to major departmental stores, any other recommended places to purchase ?
by kenixfun rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy cheap yukata for kids at Osaka? 2013/5/17 19:36
"Say if am only travelling to Osaka after the festival, will the price be lower since its off-season ?"

Uhm...I think once each shop decide price, it doesn't change whether it's on-season or not.
Big departments sell expensive Yukata throughout the year, and volume sellers sell cheap Yukata only on-season.

As last year, some volume sellers will sell Yukata for 4000 yen or so.
Famous volume sellers are as follow.

・NAME(HOW TO READ)

・IEON(ion)
・Don Quixote(don kiho-te)
・UNIQLO(yunikuro)

Each has some shops in Osaka.
by Japanese (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy cheap yukata for kids at Osaka? 2013/5/19 07:43
Though it has been several years since visiting Japan, I found the biggest inventory and lowest prices for yukata at the airport gift shop.
by Allan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy cheap yukata for kids at Osaka? 2013/5/21 17:02
When I was in Japan this year, I stayed at two resort hot springs in the Wakayama prefecture, which is south of Osaka. I stayed in Katsuura and Shirahama at the beginning of May.

Both places had Yukata's for sale, and I believe that they were ramping up for the summer holiday. I cannot say that the prices were low, just that both places had summer yukata's for sale, and the children's ones looked very cute.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy cheap yukata for kids at Osaka? 2013/5/22 01:46
The eastern side of Namba station is the area called Nipponbashi. It's now a popular spot for electronics and cosplayers (they call Akihabara of the West), but was originally a Kimono wholesale district and you can still find the best price on recycled Kimono. I'm not sure if you can find Yukata there, but their inventories are enormous and worth the try.
by jomonstrider (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread