Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What's the best Japan laptop brand? 2013/5/28 05:57
I will travel to Japan and my first Japan product i consider buying is Laptop. What brand is the best in Japan? (Sony, Toshiba or Fujitsu)
by PlanetMyHero  

Re: What's the best Japan laptop brand? 2013/5/28 10:35
While all three brands you mention make top rate laptops, I would not buy any of them in Japan unless you are comfortable with a Japanese keyboard and operating system (win8 excluded). Also consider that the price may not be better, and they will not likely come with an international warranty.

Or you could get one of the international models that come with warranty and english keyboard/operating system, but they cost more.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: What's the best Japan laptop brand? 2013/5/28 20:02
PlanetMyHero,

Just to add, if you're just traveling temporarily, it's not worth buying those brands.

Those brands are mostly popular for their support services. They have toll free phone numbers in Japan in which users can call to have almost any questions answered when not knowing how to handle his/her computer.

For this reason, they usually cost way more than other brands, but it's often worth your time and money if you think you'll have a lot of questions to ask, while in Japan in Japanese, and don't want to waste time waiting/searching for answers.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What's the best Japan laptop brand? 2013/5/29 09:07
Just checked the prices for English keyboard laptops on amazon.co.jp and they are about double or more the price of similar laptops on amazon.co.uk. Note also that you would also be liable for VAT and Duty charges when returning to the UK.

I don't know where you are in London, but if you are anywhere near Stratford you should check out the local computer fair:

http://www.stratfordcomputerfair.net/

You can get a decent 15.6" Intel Core i5 6gb Ram and 500-750gb hard drive laptop for under 300.
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What's the best Japan laptop brand? 2013/6/6 15:24
Thank yllwsmrf, Uco and RobBeer for you addive. I really appreciate that

Toshiba, Fujitsu and Sony: I wonder what is the best japan laptop brand or they have another brand i don't know. Did Sony make no.1 in Japan? (i found that Sony is no.5 in the world - source: http://thebestlaptopbrands.com/).

Just a curious question because i love Sony :D
by PlanetMyHero rate this post as useful

reply to this thread