Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kinokuniya 2013/6/2 22:39
Hello

Other than the one at Umeda, does anyone know the other bigger locations? How do I walk to the outlet at Umeda? Is it near to the big Umeda shopping mall?

Thanks!
by bebegurl  

Re: Kinokuniya 2013/6/4 15:31
Kinokuniya Umeda is inside the Hankyu San ban Gai mall. It is the only one in Osaka.

I use the entrance that is at street level,in an open passage (with a building above) between the New Hankyu hotel on the left and some kind of store (or waiting room for airport limousines?) on the right (with the Hankyu department store further right

The name Hankyu San ban Gai is right above the passage for cars, cabs and pedestrians.

To orientate yourself better, when you are facing the buildings with the Hankyu San Ban Gai, the north side of the JR Osaka station will be to your right side, the Yodobashi cameras to your left side.

Once inside, turn left and you will be in a high room.
Kinokuniya is left of big stair going up (to the Hankyu Umeda station?).
There are also stairs going to the "food museum", actually a basement level with at least 100 restaurants.

I may be a bit off in my directions but it is definitely around there. The whole underground place is a maze of several malls....
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinokuniya 2013/6/4 20:10
Dear Monkey see

If I'm at Yodobashi Camera store, how do I go from there? I remember walking through a wide "pavement bridge" and going down the stairs on the left. After which, I cross the traffic light to Yodobashi. I have no idea it was so huge as I didn't have time to explore that night!
by bebegurl rate this post as useful

Re: Kinokuniya 2013/6/5 15:55
http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/area/map/kita.pdf

If you are coming from inside Yodobashi cameras or are right outside it just cross the street by the pedestrian crossing. From the corner of Yodobashi cameras you can see the building with the sign Hankyu San Ban Gai across the street, slightly to the right. You can go underground but it is just as easier at street level.

OBVIOUSLY it is easier to do that during the day... Where will you be coming from before? from JR Osaka station, from on eof he subway stations, from the plaza on the South side of JR station? from the Hanlyu store, or the Hanshin store?

Are you familiar with Google Earth and their street views??? you see how these buildings looks like.

Or you could go to the Sogo store annex in Kobe Sannomiya..they have a (smaller) Kinokuniya store..
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinokuniya 2013/7/13 22:58
Monkey See

Sorry to have missed your reply. I will be alighting at Umeda train station. Will this info help?

I use Google maps but for the upcoming trip, I will not have a sim card yet (if I decide to get one), because I bought mine from Yodobashi Camera Outlet at Umeda.
by bebegurl rate this post as useful

Re: Kinokuniya 2013/7/15 21:39
Look at Google BEFORE you go. Print the map. Print the street view if you need. Most people without a data connection would simply cache the map and use it offline with the GPS. Surely you can use your boyfriend's computer too!!!!
by cpt obvious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread