Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese diet with no seafood 2013/6/11 02:19
Hello all, do my partner and I are planing to take a trip to Tokyo for a few weeks to visit some friends and celebrate my best friends babies first birthday. Now my partner has been on a diet as he wishes to become healthy but he can not eat seafood. I don't mind cooking all his meals as we will be staying in my friends holiday appartment by ourselves.
I want to know of anyone knows any good week long menu's for a diet to help lose weight but avoide seafood.
A little fish sauce or dashi is ok but he can't eat the actual seafood.

Thanks!
Hana
by MirukuCoffee  

Re: Japanese diet with no seafood 2013/6/11 10:35
He can eat all he likes & what he can eat besides seafoods and the list is endless as long as he acts like a typical tourist and goes out & walks a lot. He will lose weight naturally.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese diet with no seafood 2013/6/11 11:38
by EE (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese diet with no seafood 2013/6/12 01:01
MirukuCoffee,

I'm not sure if I understand it correctly, but if you're cooking yourself, there are probably as many options as you have in your home country. You can cook almost any sort of ethnic dishes you want, dashi-free.

And if you're dining out, all you have to do is to choose non-Japanese style cuisine. Even Japanese cuisine have a variety of non-seafood dishes such as yu-doufu.

Just tell the waiter that he can't eat ''shii-fuudo'' or ''kai-san-butsu ŠCŽY•¨''
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese diet with no seafood 2013/6/17 10:45
I've got friends who've been living in Japan for years and don't like seafood.
Even some Japanese people I know don't like it.
Really big misconception that everything in Japan is fish. Its only a little bit more common than in the west.
by takeda's ghost (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese diet with no seafood 2013/6/18 21:26
You can eat a LOT. Chain restaurants like Matsuya can be good for you, they do a lot of 'beef bowls'
by RyanAvx rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese diet with no seafood 2013/6/19 09:55
However substituting gyudon may not be the best alternative considering the OP mentions their partner is dieting for health reasons.

Also, I'm a little unclear on whether they dislike seafood or are allergic to seafood. I suspect the latter, while the answers so far focus more on a dislike of seafood rather than allergy. Maybe the OP can give us some more specific info.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese diet with no seafood 2013/6/21 08:25
More important thing for his dieting is to control the total calorie he takes a day. If he can limit it up to 2,000Kcal, he will reduce the weight.

There are too many non-seafood meals here. No need for home cooking for yourself.

Some of the foods when I think of non-seafood diet foods here are:

1. Tofu (yodofu, mabo tofu, tofu burger, etc)
2. Soba noodles
3. All kinds of vegitables
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=%e9%87%8e%e8%8f%9c%e6%96%99%e7%90%...
4. Curry (soup curry, etc)

by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread