Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Outlet Shopping in Hokkaido 2013/6/19 11:08
Found 2 outlets in Sapporo.. Mitsui and Sapporo Factory... Just want to explore one.. With too much shopping I might not be able to lug back home.. I am wondering which is worth going?
by pinkitty  

Re: Outlet Shopping in Hokkaido 2013/6/19 17:52
There was a big outlet "village" close by Chitose airport (when we were last there, which was 5-10 years ago).

If you're flying out of Hokkaido, that might be an easy option for you? We didn't seek it out. It was right by the place that we had to go to return the rental car and we had a couple of hours to kill, so we went there for lunch and I bought some cheap trainers and a watch, IIRC.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Outlet Shopping in Hokkaido 2013/6/20 00:04
I think tats the mitsui outlet from what I see on the map. I need to fly out to Narita to catch a flight back home so I am leaving Hokkaido quite early :(
by pinkitty rate this post as useful

Re: Outlet Shopping in Hokkaido 2013/6/20 04:25
This is the place by New Chitose Airport that Pinkitty was referring to. It's about 30 mins from Sapporo by train.
http://www.outlet-rera.com/english/
by Walkingfool rate this post as useful

Re: Outlet Shopping in Hokkaido 2013/6/20 04:41
Thats the place I mean.
It's your average/large outlet place. I'm not such a keen shopper, especially when on holiday, so I can't really comment on whether it's worth a detour.
I found it useful because my watch had broken and my trainers were getting worn out and we had a couple of hours to kill before flying home and we'd already seen Chitose town on arrival, and we had to drop off the hire car right nearby.
It was useful to pick up some stuff that I'd have had to buy at some point soon, and to have lunch.
I wouldn't have made a detour to get there, though.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Outlet Shopping in Hokkaido 2013/6/20 09:07
Sorry. I meant Winter Visitor, not Pinkitty. I went to that place last year (I was changing trains at the nearby station), but all I bought was some takoyaki at the food court. It was very nice takoyaki, though.
by Walkingfool rate this post as useful

Re: Outlet Shopping in Hokkaido 2013/6/20 12:34
Hi everyone, thanks for the suggestion... since my plans are still quite fluid... maybe I can work that in.
by pinkitty rate this post as useful

Re: Outlet Shopping in Hokkaido 2013/6/20 16:14
No problem. Now, takoyaki....mmmmmmmmmmmmm ;0)
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread