Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Returning to the States with a Rice Cooker 2013/6/21 20:59
I will be returning to the States with a rice cooker in a month and a half.

Does anyone have experience bringing one back? I'd like to put it in my luggage, but I would have to buy a suitcase large enough to fit it. I already need to buy another suitcase, but I'm worried about finding one that will both fit airline specifications and the dimensions of the rice cooker.

Or do you think it would arrive safely to my home in America if I shipped it through the mail? I still have all the shipping materials that were used when it was delivered to me.
by RaikouNeko  

Re: Returning to the States with a Rice Cooker 2013/6/23 13:07
Is the rice cooker rated for 120V? Japan uses 100V and the difference may be detrimental to the operation of the appliance.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Returning to the States with a Rice Cooker 2013/6/23 18:57
I have a voltage converter.

But I'm asking specifically if anyone has experience taking one to the States and how they did it. Not anything about the appliance itself.
by RaikouNeko rate this post as useful

Re: Returning to the States with a Rice Cooker 2013/6/23 22:41
Send it by mail. 45 years ago I mailed a motorcycle back to the US by mail.

EMS reasonable/reliable.
by Wakkanai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Returning to the States with a Rice Cooker 2013/6/24 13:54
We bought a rice cooker in Tokyo 20 years ago and brought it with us in our hand luggage.
Bought the cooker in one of the shops in Akihabara. There are many shops there selling appliances made for export to the USA.
Still works like a charm :-)
Ann
by Ann (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread