Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What type of bikini bottoms are acceptable? 2013/6/25 05:29
Hello!!!

So I'm going to Japan and South Korea next month with a large group of friends and I'm super psyched!! But I'm also worried about insulting people with my horrible Japanese, damn near non-existent Korean, an assumed American Customs! haha. What I mean by that last one is that I'm use to how things are here, and I don't want to just assume what flys at Cocoa or VA beach would fly in Japan.........

Sooooooooo, embarrassing question time! lol Are you aloud to wear Thongs or G-String bikini bottoms on beaches in JP??? I know we'd probably get stared at but we wouldn't get kicked off the beach would we??? [X-____-X]

Thanks for any help!!

- Gwen -
by Gwen (guest)  

Re: What type of bikini bottoms are acceptable? 2013/6/25 10:39
Japanese people won't be insulted by your poor Japanese, and will probably shower you with praise just for stuttering "arigato". Neither will they be offended by revealing bikinis - so long as you are not actually showing your genitalia. They'll probably just assume you're Brazilian.
by Jimbo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What type of bikini bottoms are acceptable? 2013/6/25 11:45
what i know in korea you'll get to be naked totally in the shower and in the locker room. what i know in korea the ladies do wear bikini but they also wear net/some thin layer to cover it. and no thong.
by Suzanne Linder rate this post as useful

Re: What type of bikini bottoms are acceptable? 2013/6/25 13:55
I say, no thongs unless you really want to get the stares of Japanese men!
by himcia rate this post as useful

Re: What type of bikini bottoms are acceptable? 2013/6/25 14:25
we actually got by in Korea better using Japanese rather than english, so you might find your horrible japanese handier in Korea than Japan.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What type of bikini bottoms are acceptable? 2013/6/25 17:24
I know this is wrong of me to say, but if you do dress in such a way in Japan please tell us about the reactions you get. lol. I'm actually highly curious.
by SSJ Jup81 rate this post as useful

Re: What type of bikini bottoms are acceptable? 2013/6/25 18:04
You'll get away with it just because you're a foreigner.

They will let it slide because you're a foreigner, if it's against the rules that is.
by Carlove rate this post as useful

Re: What type of bikini bottoms are acceptable? 2013/6/25 22:58
Thanks so much for the responses!!

Nice tip @Lazy Pious, and LOL @SSJ Jup81! I'm definitely leaning towards regular ole' bikini bottoms in JP and ESPECIALLY in S. Korea, but a couple of my friends think it would be funny to get stared at O_O >。<
So yeah, if they actually go through with it I'll let ya know how it went down!! haha (o>。<o)

Thank you again everyone xD
じゃあね!^。^
by Gwen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What type of bikini bottoms are acceptable? 2013/6/27 10:44
In Japan anything is acceptable and won't get you in trouble.
In Korea they've problems with christianity so you may get some people trying to report you for wearing anything too revealing.
Its not something you should worry about too much though
by takeda's ghost (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread