Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary spring 2014 2013/6/28 00:58
Hello,
I would like to know if my itinerary is doable and what do you recommend to see. Thanks in advance.
23.03 Arrive in Kansai go to Katsuura
24-25.03 Nachi and Hayatama taisha+hot spring
26.03 go to Wakayama
27.03 Wakayama, castle, ...
28.03 Boat to Tokushima + train to Matsuyama
29-30.03 Matsuyama, castle, Dogo Onsen
01.04 Train to Takamatsu
02-03.04 Takamatsu, Ritsurin garden, Kotohira
04.04 train to Kyoto
05-08.04 Kyoto
09-11.04 Osaka

I can spend less time in Kyoto and Osaka (I was there already) if there is somme other good things to see in Kyushu and wakayama pref.

Thank you!!
by nekochan07  

Re: Itinerary spring 2014 2013/6/28 12:21
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary spring 2014 2013/6/28 14:41
If you go to Wakayama pref, you should go to Shirahama especially beach and Onsen(hot springs)!!
by auldreekie rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary spring 2014 2013/6/28 15:11
A fun attraction in Wakayama: Park "Porto Europa" located on the harbor. A little taste of Portugal in this japanese city.http://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&...
by fuchan29 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary spring 2014 2013/6/29 19:40
Thanks for all your advise.
I will think about it.
by nekochan07 rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary spring 2014 2013/6/29 23:21
I will throw in another vote for Shirahama. It works well with your itinerary and would be easy to visit with one of those Wakayama days.

As for Wakayama city, aside from the castle, there are:
-Kimiidera (one of the 33 temple of the Saigoku Pilgrimage)
-Marina City Theme Park
-Marina City's fish market with show
-The Saikazaki/Wakaura area (has gardens, like Yosuien and Bandoko Garden, along with ocean views)
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary spring 2014 2013/6/30 03:33
Kyushu??? When do you go to Kyushu?

I like your trip, but if you were planning to go to Kyushu, you might try to go to Takamatsu and then Matsuyama, and then take a ferry to either Beppu or Kitakyushu.

If you do plan on going to Kyushu, I thought Huis Ten Bosche had wonderful displays of tulips and bulb flowers last year. I went there at the end of March. Beppu would also be a interesting stop.

Since you are going to Katsuura, I would suggest the Hotel Urashima, with it's sea cave hot springs. I would also ask if the sushi chef is going to do a tuna carving demonstration at the resteraunt located on top of the hill.

I did go to Nachi Taisha this April, and there is still damage from the 2011 typhoon. The view from the bottom shrine is OK, but there was a large crane in use.

I really enjoyed my bus trip from Katsuura to Hongu Taisha, the river valley from Shuingu to the shrine is very beautiful. If you end up going to Hangu Taisha, purchase a Kansei Wakayama pass, because it will pay for itself just going to Hongu Taisha.

I also agree that Shirahama would be a good stop.

Good luck on your trip.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary spring 2014 2013/8/16 16:26
Thanks a lot for your advises.
I made a mistake. I mean Shikoku not Kyushu.

Did sombody know if it's better to sleep in Matsuyama or in Dogo?

Did you have any advise about accomodation?

Thank you!
by nekochan07 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread