Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Piercings? 2013/7/2 07:57
So, i've always wanted to go to Japan, maybe even move there.. the problem is that i dont really know much about theyre aceptence on piercings. At the moment i got 27 piercings (yes its kinda alot..) and theyre all facial / chest piersings and theyre all visible.

Sure, im used to being stared at since im the only one around my area with alot of piersings, but i got a feeling its gonna be worse in Japan, is it less acceptable or am i just imagine that?
by Razztoro (guest)  

Re: Piercings? 2013/7/2 15:00
Yes, piercings are less acceptable in Japan than in other counties. Especially, if you plan to travel to more rural areas/out or metropolises, be ready to get a lot of looks.
by himcia rate this post as useful

Re: Piercings? 2013/7/2 15:01
And I'm afraid it will be extremely hard to find a job having visible piercings on your face/body in other places than ears.
by himcia rate this post as useful

Re: Piercings? 2013/7/3 21:56
The great thing about piercings as opposed to tattoos is that you can easily take them off.

If you look closely you can notice that many workers in Japan have a lot of pierced holes especially on their ears, but without the accessories. There are even transparent things to keep your holes opened while you work.

Meanwhile, we do have our fair share of Japanese people with loads of facial pierces and they keep them on while working for the latest fashion shops or eccentric bars. Needless to say, you don't find that kind of employment so often, though.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread